WnSoft Forums

Here it is - Panorama utility.

boxig

Boxig,

I havent as yet tried out your pano tool ... but it can be quite a useful addition if users know its limitations in use.

As mentioned:

But, like I foreknew, in this case you must run the slideshow on a machine quite powerful ( > 1400/1600 MHz) to have a smooth movement. With my Pentium 450 the pan is very slow and jerky.  
But I have a problem: With my Pentium 1 GH the movement of the new version of the pano-tool is jerky.

By nature of the beast ... playing pano views can be demanding on a variety of PCs. Selection of the proper size and speed of the image used will help promote smooth operation on most PCs. Users must take into account that fast, large full screen Images must be redrawn quick enough not to promote jerkiness. Also, a users PCs monitor "refresh rate" must also be capable as not to promote further jerkiness. This will be most evident on Monitors and LCD screens with low "refresh rates " capabilities.

I can see why Igor is maybe not so quick to implement pano views in PTE as of yet. Trying to run panos in combination of slide timing ... and then consider most users want smooth CD operation too ... is going to take some great thought in calibratiing.

Hi Stu, good to hear from you.

Yes, I think it will take many more versions till Igor will add the pano feature, if at all. That's why I'm trying to make it the best I can. On your free time try to download the two last files one and two and I'm sure you'll have some tips to members how to fit it to the machine it is going to play.

And if you have any advice for me or suggestion I'll be glad to learn.

Thanks and have a nice week,

Granot

Boxig,

I have just downloaded both versions ... and will give them a Spin !

I have 3 PCs with various capabilities, so I will let you know the full results in a day or so. I dont have a LCD Screen which inheirently has lower "refresh rates" capabilities than CRT Screens. I will also test from CD play.

You have a nice weekend too ! :)

Hello again Granot

Thanks for the update and your efforts.

I tried the new version NO task bar at the bottom of the screen!!! BUT just before the Panorama starts the screen blinks to a little white square (see link attached for screen dump)

http://www.imagescapes.co.nz/Square.jpg

Personally the colour is AWFUL but I know you can change this :P

As for the fade, this doesn't have to happen while the panorama is moving it can happen on the still image then after the fade has occurred start the panorama moving. I tried making a gradient in Photoshop and running it but a Sideways fade doesn't look natural :(

Timing in conjunction with the rest of the show is still a concern.

Regards

Andrew

a little white square

This I'll change to 1 x 1 instead of 10 x 10 so it will not be seen.

Background color can be changed too. But to what color ?

I assume everyone wants another color.

As for adjusting speed, I'll wait to gather more feedback and for Guido and Stu to give their tips, and then I hope the result will be good enough for most computers.

Granot

I vote for black too, but isn't it possible to adjust the color in the cfg file? That way everyone can use the background of his choice compliant to the background of the show the pano is in...

Maybe you can let the user fill in the colornumbers as in Photoshop or webapplications, where FFFFFF stands for white, and 000000 for black.

Marianne

Marianne, this can not be done. I have an idea how I can do it but I'm not sure it will work. I can add some background images and detect screen size and then resize the image, but this will make it too heavy and maybe will affect the speed. If most feedback will favore black so I'll make it black.

Granot

Hi to all members,

Since I want to release final version it is difficult to decide with so little feedback.

As for now:

Full screen with black background.

Curtain effect or not ???

Guido and Stu, I'm waiting for few tip lines about speed to include in the help file.

Any more comments from anyone will help.

Granot

Dear Granot,

I think PanoRunner is ok now. But please change the background to black!

But what is better? 48TimerFullScreen or PanoRunnerEffect (with curtain effect) ?

Personally I like both versions; it depends by where and when you use the panorama effect.

As to "instructions for use":

- Use this effect only on machines with at last 900/1000 MHz processor; on slower computers the movement is too jerky. If you want to use a larger image (e.g. 600 pixel high, with a horizontal size set at 800 in cfg.txt file) you must run your show on a faster machine.

- Scrolling speed: the best settings are between 40 and 60. With faster movement ( = smaller number) a slow computer is not able to further accelerate the pan speed.

- Start delay: sets the time (in msec.) before the pan starts.

- Exit delay: sets the time (in msec.) the picture stays on the screen before it disappears. If you want to end the effect when panning stops, set a number not smaller than 150-200, because the panning may be interrupted before the end.

Use this effect only on machines with at last 900/1000 MHz processor

Thanks Guido, I will make it black. What effect you mean, the curtain ?

I'll wait for some more tips from members (stu, where are you ?) and release it.

Thanks for your help

Granot

Boxig,

Sorry about the delay in responding and working on this test of your Pano Tool. I was unexpectedly called out of town for the week ... so I havent had the time to catch up on alot things.

I see you have released a new improved version ... very good. I guess at this point in time is to wait and see how flexable is for your users.