WnSoft Forums

Clicking an object goes to slide x, keypoint y

potwnc

A very useful new feature would be to allow clicks on objects not only to go to slide x but to go to keypoint y in slide x. Of course this would require the introduction of numbered keypoints.

A second useful feature would be to go to a random keypoint in a random slide when the user clicks on an object.

• 3 months later...

I agree with potwnc that this would be a really useful feature, especially being able to go to a new slide. I envisage a slide of a painting. The viewer could click on an area of the picture (perhaps using an 'invisible' button), and a new slide showing a zoom of that part of the picture would appear. The feature would turn PTE into a really interactive application which I think would vastly extend the scope of this software. Illustrated interactive fiction comes to mind. I notice that a number of slideshows are about buildings. It would perhaps be good to be able to click on a map of, say, a castle, and then see a slide showing that particular area.

David

David,

What you suggest can be done already by setting up a manually controlled sequence and using "Go to Slide <nn>" as the action to be taken on mouse-click for any object that you programme it on.

Such manual control cannot readily be incorporated into a synchronised sequence without destroying the flow of the sequence.

If you are envisaging multiple automated sequences, each triggered by a mouse-click on some object or other then, this too, can be done already using "Run Slideshow with Return" as the action on mouse-click. The only missing function here is that I am not aware that you can "pause" the initial show at the point where you leave it and "resume" when the inserted sequence has come to its end. But I'd like to bet that it can be done in PTE by combining existing features; because you can chain sequences together using Project Options...More...Run application/slideshow on exit.

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I am very new to PTE and was just blindly following up potwnc's post so am not yet aware of all the possibilities regarding mouse clicks. Thanks for your hints - I am looking forward to having a good look at, and exploring, the features you have mentioned.

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,

David

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I should clarify what I meant - which can't be done today.

1) You can make a click on an object go to slide x, but it will always go to the beginning of that slide. Let's say I had 3 keypoints in that slide - x, y and z. I'd like to be able to program the click on the object to go straight to whichever of those keypoints I choose.

2) You can make a click on an object go to a random slide. What I'd like is, if the slide has 3 keypoints - x, y and z, to be able to say once you get to the random slide go, randomly, to one of its keypoints (in this case x, y or z).