WnSoft Forums

Save PTE to ZIP file

Boogie

Just made a new sequence in PTE v6.0. I wanted to transfer the sequence to another computer. Clicked on File/Create Backup in ZIP (First time I have tried this procedure, usually I use Templates). Entered location of files to Drive F - memory stick. Process seemed fine and Zip file was created on memory stick. Read zip file on other computer and all files including pte file were present. Double clicked on pte file, PTE program started with error messages - missing all pictures , missing sound file. - paths show the original computer file location.

I thought that when a ZIP file was created, all files were collected together with NEW path.

I couldn't find answer in FAQ's. What am I doing wrong?

Boogie

Boogie,

You need to export the zip file contents to a folder on the second computer.

An alternative approach, which works if you are meticulous about storing all the image and sound files under a master folder for each project, is: simply copy the project folder from computer #1 to the USB stick. You can then open the pte project file on any other computer and process the project in any way that you want.

regards,

Peter

Boogie,

You need to export the zip file contents to a folder on the second computer.

An alternative approach, which works if you are meticulous about storing all the image and sound files under a master folder for each project, is: simply copy the project folder from computer #1 to the USB stick. You can then open the pte project file on any other computer and process the project in any way that you want.

regards,

Peter

Peter

Many thanks. I tried both your suggestions and found the 2nd one the easiest - mainly because I keep the sequence info all under 1 main folder.

Re the Zip option, I realise now ( with your help) that I had to "Extract all" (Right click) on the zip file and direct it to the folder on the second computer. I could then open the PTE file from the new folder with no missing files.

Thanks again for your (and Ken) prompt reply.

As this procedure doesn't seem to appear in the PTE v6.0 pdf user guide, is it a question that would be useful to others in the FAQ section?

Boogie