WnSoft Forums

A Handy and Powerful Free Tool to Do Lots of Things

Lin Evans

Just a few words and a suggestion that if you frequently animate or create special effects, you may seriously want to look at this free, incredible utility.

For instance. If you have a need to split images and perhaps recombine them you can always do it the hard way with Photoshop (assuming you have the requisite skills), or you can do it the easy way with PhotoScape. There are really too many features to even begin to explain, but let me expand on the above.

To make my cube faces, I need square images. To make perfect facets for the Rubik's Cube effect or for the nine facet "look" which I like for some of my other effects (such as the Christmas Snow Cube) I simply place my square crop from PhotoShop in PhotoScape, use the handy dandy splitter and instantly split the file into nine perfect, equal sized segments. Then to make the little mini-cube facets I use the PhotoScape

"Combine" tool to put them quickly together with a plethora of possibilities. One actually has to see this tool in action to understand how truly useful it is.

Later, I intend to make a mini-tutorial on how to create the square faces for my Christmas Snow Cube and show how to use both Photoshop and Photoscape to quickly achieve the desired effect. I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to use my Christmas Snow Cube template download and install PhotoScape from the link below. You won't be sorry!

http://photoscape.en.softonic.com/

Best regards,

Lin