WnSoft Forums

Beauty - a new AV

nharris

Hello:

I have uploaded an AV to Beechbrook Cottage. I am seeking comments and criticisms from you more experienced members. It is really only my second AV and is incomplete (I am gathering further images) but I wanted to test the topic. I used ver 6.0 of P2E and used the time line in a attempt to match the musical phrasing to the images. I plan the completed version to be no more than 5 minutes run time.

Thank you, Noel Harris.

Noel

I agree with Ken keep the AV screen area constant through-out the show. It is still possible to use images of different sizers or portrait and landscape formats. There are a large number of techniques that can be used to achieve this, have a look at some of the AVs here or on other sites. If you want to use a frame on your images keep it constant and don't change frame types or go from frame to no frame and back. I have no objection to the use of frames if they are not intrusive and used creatively.

Like your choice of music.

Good luck with your AV Noel and remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Noel:

Nice work in progress, nice images, nice concept, nice music. Great potential

Ditto per John and Ken. VERY much agree on need to have images the same size.

I'll add a few more if I may:

- I think you left PROJECT OPTIONS at default for tabs one and two:

Your mouse cursor came on if the mouse was jiggled.

The right mouse click was active

The show could be controlled by the keyboard (If you wanted that, fine, but sometimes people don't know about that and wish it wasn't)

- The sunrise (?) shots at the start, almost, but not quite, line up. You might want to take the images back to PhotoShop as layers in the same image and line them up perfectly. You might need to EDIT>TRANSFORM to achieve the perfect line up. But it is worth it

- The text varies from top to bottom. I have no problem with it, but a word from the experienced - if you are projecting this show in some auditoriums, the people from the 3 or 4th row back may not see the text at the bottom. I had to re-do a show because of that and am now very aware of it.

- You have a nice "third image" with one young lady transitioning through another's hair. But you have a problem with the last two images - there are three eyes at mid transition. If there is a way to get the two sets of eyes to line up that can be VERY effective. You will have to flip one image and then do some TRANSFORMING to achieve it.

- You have the pretty girls for us males, what about handsome lads for the females ? :) :)

- This last point has the potential to get things going...... but I noticed a few images were "thin" I saw a lot of pixellation. You may have saved them at a very low quality ? (This has been discussed many times on the forum with some varying views being expressed. People save their images at between quality 5 and 8. Personally I don't worry about the quality, I save them at about 500kb. I have not had pixellation issues since I have been doing that)

Hello:

I have uploaded an AV to Beechbrook Cottage. I am seeking comments and criticisms from you more experienced members. It is really only my second AV and is incomplete (I am gathering further images) but I wanted to test the topic. I used ver 6.0 of P2E and used the time line in a attempt to match the musical phrasing to the images. I plan the completed version to be no more than 5 minutes run time.

Thank you, Noel Harris.

Hi Noel

Good for you on getting into a/v. It really is a very enjoyable and absorbing pastime. For further help I would recommend that you visit http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/audiovisual/audiovisual.htm

Barry has excellent advice on his website and also some superb FREE a/vs to download and aspire to. He also sells some excellent tutorials and no, I am not on commission. :)

Maureen