WnSoft Forums

Voice overs

WALTJONES

I am not sure of the possibilities of sound with P to E software. Adding a basic music background is as far as I have got. I am used to creating analogue sound tracks with voice overs sound effects and music all mixed up as necessary and matched to the visuals. Perhaps someone has already sorted this problem and I should be very pleased to hear. I am impressed with the software otherwise

WaltJones

Welocme to the Forum !!!!!

This has been discussed several times before . Try doing a search and you should get a more complete answer.

Essentially as Oleg says use SOUND MIXER software to do it. The two he mentions are VERY good, but quite $$$$$

Use AUDACITY (free) ACOUSTICA (cheap) They are downloadable off the web. Google them to find the websites

Once you have the mix done to your satisfaction, convert the wav file to a mp3 and bring that in through PROJECT OPTIONS > MUSIC

You may have to fine tune the mix a little to get the timing right on some transitions

Welcome, WaltJones!

I think your problem is not difficult to solve using a computer as sound recorder. You can employ even a freeware like Audacity (recorder / mixer / editor).

PTE offers two ways to get the effect you want.

You can

1) Prepare your soundtrack by mixing first the background music/effects, normalize this first "track" at about -10/15 dB (in Audacity you must use "Effect" > "Amplify"), then create a new track with the voice, normalize it at 0 dB and finally mix all in an unique track (or two, if you prefer to work in stereo).

2) Prepare you background track(s) as above, insert it in "Project Options" > "Music" tab of PTE, then record separate voice comments for each slide and add them in "Sound" case under the "Slide List").

I cannot here explain completely all Audacity's features and commands, but you'll find many interesting effects as reverb, echo, fades, equalizations and so on. A simple but clear tutorial of this software can be found here, and the complete manual here.

Anyhow, if you need some further help, we are here!...

Welcome Walt,

Good advice from the crew as usual but I would add that you listen to the final track through speakers, as a track can sound fine in a headset but quite poor in a room. As Guido says a seperation of about 20bd between the voice and the music is good, but if the voice has a little more trebble also it helps the seperation. The sound side is like the photography, it needs careful attention and lots of practice to get good,

Alan