WnSoft Forums

Showing an exe file on a Wide Screen TV

Ronniebootwest

Up until now I have always burned my wide screen shows to DVD (1920x 1080) and then played these though a DVD Player on my TV and have been reasonably happy with the results.

I have now been experimenting with my wide screen TV (42 inch). I just plug my laptop into the television and then play the PTE exe show as normal and I get fantastic quality with the playback. But! (there is always a but isn't there) the size of the show does not completely fill my television screen, even though the show was created at 1920 x 1200. I obviously am doing something wrong so can anyone tell me what it is please?

Thanks for any help!

Ron West.

Hi Ron,

I just plug my laptop into the television and then play the PTE exe show as normal and I get fantastic quality with the playback. But! (there is always a but isn't there) the size of the show does not completely fill my television screen, even though the show was created at 1920 x 1200. I obviously am doing something wrong so can anyone tell me what it is please?

Don't know it this will help, but I notice that if I try to run BOTH the laptop and the TV screens at the same time, the image display on both screens tend to be the laptop resolution setting (1280x800). If I turn off the laptop screen, and just display the slideshow on the TV, then the full high resolution (1920X1080 here in the Colonies) does indeed show full screen. Dell XPS - I believe the display adapter is an nVidia 8400.

Dick

Ron,

You say the show was created at 1920x1200 - is that a typo? If not, then you are trying to fit 1920x1200 into 1920x1080. I would expect the image to be reduced (with proportions constrained) until the 1200 given pixels fill the 1080 available pixels for height; thus leaving you a little short on both sides.

I think you need to make the show at "Full HD", i.e. at 1920x1080. Then it should fill both axes of the screen.

regards,

Peter

Ron,

I covered this subject over a year ago - I don't know if Ken could dig up the links.

As Peter says to completely fill the screen use 1920x1080 images in a 1920x1080 show.

There is one problem which you COULD POSSIBLY be encountering - if you are using the VGA input to the TV this can happen with SOME TVs (the width is restricted).

For COMPLETE matching of laptop and TV you MUST use HDMI.

If your laptop is 1920x1080 - great - you're in business. If it is LESS than 1920x1080 you won't be able to view on TV and monitor at the same time - only on TV.

DG

Ron,<br><br>I covered this subject over a year ago - I don't know if Ken could dig up the links.<br><br>As Peter says to completely fill the screen use 1920x1080 images in a 1920x1080 show.<br><br>There is one problem which you COULD POSSIBLY be encountering - if you are using the VGA input to the TV this can happen with SOME TVs (the width is restricted).<br><br>For COMPLETE matching of laptop and TV you <u><b>MUST</b></u> use HDMI.<br><br>If your laptop is 1920x1080 - great - you're in business. If it is LESS than 1920x1080 you won't be able to view on TV and monitor at the same time - only on TV.<br><br>DG

Dave

this one

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8554&st=0entry55389

or this one

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8387&st=0

I was on skype and gave Ronnie your email addie

ken