WnSoft Forums

Spring Snows

Lin Evans

O.K., I promise this is the last one on this theme - LOL

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/xmas/springsnowspc.zip (Windows)

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/xmas/springsnowsmac.zip (MacIntosh)

About 29 meg

Lin

Nice one Lin, how do you remove the frame that comes with the snowglobe action?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Do you mean the frame around the photo inside the globe? If so, you can't really remove the frame from the photo unless you want to just use the eraser in Photoshop. To do that, the easiest way that I know is to copy the entire snowglobe image, paste it on a transparency of the same size and then you can erase whichever portions of the image you want and add whatever you want.

Since Panos constructs the globe in layers, you can just turn off the layer for the photo using Photoshop's Layers window and this will remove the photo itself. You can then switch off the shadow for the photo and that will leave you without the image automatically created by the snowglobe action. Likewise for the ice crystals, snow flakes, etc. If you just experiment with switching the various layers on and off you will see how the globe is constructed.

For these simulations, I only use the globe itself without any content inside, then I create the images I want inside the globe, add my own snow, etc. If you go to the PanosFX site you can download my tutorial there which might help you better understand the process. The PTE basic template which I created for the animated snowglobe leaves the design pretty much as Panos built it, but removes the static snow and replaces it with my PNG snow effect. For these specialized effects I only use the basic globe construct then add a wide variety of effects and content.

Best regards,

Lin

Nice one Lin, how do you remove the frame that comes with the snowglobe action?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Do you mean the frame around the photo inside the globe? If so, you can't really remove the frame from the photo unless you want to just use the eraser in Photoshop. To do that, the easiest way that I know is to copy the entire snowglobe image, paste it on a transparency of the same size and then you can erase whichever portions of the image you want and add whatever you want.

Since Panos constructs the globe in layers, you can just turn off the layer for the photo using Photoshop's Layers window and this will remove the photo itself. You can then switch off the shadow for the photo and that will leave you without the image automatically created by the snowglobe action. Likewise for the ice crystals, snow flakes, etc. If you just experiment with switching the various layers on and off you will see how the globe is constructed.

For these simulations, I only use the globe itself without any content inside, then I create the images I want inside the globe, add my own snow, etc. If you go to the PanosFX site you can download my tutorial there which might help you better understand the process. The PTE basic template which I created for the animated snowglobe leaves the design pretty much as Panos built it, but removes the static snow and replaces it with my PNG snow effect. For these specialized effects I only use the basic globe construct then add a wide variety of effects and content.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks lin, i will play about with the action, who knows what i will come up with.