WnSoft Forums

How can I create a flash version of a slideshow

mightec

Hi

I am not sure if this is possible or whether there is a plan to provide this facility but how do I create a flash version of a slideshow. At the moment I would create an avi file then convert this into a flash file using a secondary software, is this the only way or is there a more direct route.

Hi Mike,

It was discussed some time ago, but nothing lately. There really isn't a more direct way to convert your slideshow to Flash, but perhaps a "better" way would be to convert from MP4 h.264 to Flash.

Here's one conversion tool which does this:

http://www.video-to-flash.com/mp4_to_flash/

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

That's a quick response, thank you as always for your help. I will give it a go, I assume it would have a better quality than my route, cheers. Happy Holidays.

Hi Mike,

I'm assuming that Vimeo and Youtube request mp4 uploads for their conversions (they are both converted to Flash) because they get better quality that way. In general, the mp4 better supports the faster frame speeds and this is primarily why they give smoother action on some animations. Flash does take some toll on animation smoothness and doesn't, at least in my experience, give as good fade transitions as mp4, but AVI is generally not as smooth for pans and zooms as MP4 or the MP4 to Flash conversion. I think the best way is to try some of the tools such as the one on my link and see how they compare to AVI conversions before making a purchasing decision.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

That's a quick response, thank you as always for your help. I will give it a go, I assume it would have a better quality than my route, cheers. Happy Holidays.

It turns out that Ronnie uses the same software as recommended by Lin, I downloaded a number of software packages and this did create the smallest file size. However, I decided to upgrade to SwishVideo3, a software package that I have used for sometime. Thanks for your help.