WnSoft Forums

Snow

Peter Coles

Hi Peter,

I can help you with that. If you will tell me how long your sequence is, I'll post a link for you to a short animation you can just copy and paste.

Best regards,

Lin

I am trying to find a way of making snow fall throughout a short Sequence. I know it has been done before, but I would like to download a "template", if this is possible to save me the bother of inventing the wheel again. Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Hi Lin!

Hi Peter,

I can help you with that. If you will tell me how long your sequence is, I'll post a link for you to a short animation you can just copy and paste.

Best regards,

Lin

Don't mean to butt in here, but I just wanted to thank you for your snow sequences. About a couple of weeks ago, you had posted a quick and dirty way of adding snowfall by simply copy/pasting masks from one of your single image shows.

I used your method for a short Christmas Greeting to send to friends and family, and I am now the Uber slide show creator in the family. I feel guilty I did not credit you at the end of the show because you deserve all the credit! People could not believe their eyes!

Dick

Hi Dick,

You're quite welcome and no need for credit; glad it helped! I'm working on a tutorial now for a new method of not just creating the snow effect, but of building up snowfall on the scene gradually and mirroring a real snow scene. This one has snowfall, buildup, and cloud change/movement.

If you haven't yet seen it, here's a link:

http://www.learntoma...ringsnowspc.zip (Windows)

http://www.learntoma...ingsnowsmac.zip (Mac)

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Peter,

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin.

The Sequence is 3minutes 21seconds duration.

It would be nice to be able to have the snow coming and going and with different "flakes sizes" to denote distance away, but I expect this may be asking too much !!!

Peter

Hi Peter,

That's probably possible. I almost always use multiple files to simulate different sized flakes, distance, speed, direction, etc., but if you can email me perhaps I can look at the sequence and tailor the snow just as you like. It's not difficult for me because I do so much of it.

Email me at:

lin@learntomakeslideshows.net

We can discuss the details.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, Lin.

The Sequence is 3minutes 21seconds duration.

It would be nice to be able to have the snow coming and going and with different "flakes sizes" to denote distance away, but I expect this may be asking too much !!!

Peter