WnSoft Forums

Rotating

denis

I wish to rotate a propellar at the top of a wind turbine. I have made numerous attempts but all end in failure. I am able to get the propellar to rotate OK but it does not hold its position on top of the turbine and wanders off. I am no doubt missing the obvious - any tips would be most appreciated. I am using PTE v6 DAB

Hi Dab,

Assuming you have created a PNG file of the Propeller, there are two possibilities for issues. First, be absolutely certain that you have cropped the image so that the "center" of the file is the center of the hub for the propeller. If you have done that, then the next issue is to be absolutely certain that you do not have a difference in pan values from one keyframe to the other.

If you have satisfied these two conditions, the rotation should be dead center assuming you have not changed anything relating to 3D Transform.

If you would zip up the PTE file and post a link for me, I'll be glad to have a look and maybe see where the problem lies.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi DAB,

Lin is perfectly correct, however you might want to rotate the png file around a point which is not dead centre. In O&A, with the rotatable object selected you will see a small dot/circle in the centre of the image. If you hold down the shift key and then use the mouse to drag the dot, you can move it to where you want the exact centre of the rotation to take place.

Howard

Hi DAB,

Lin is perfectly correct, however you might want to rotate the png file around a point which is not dead centre. In O&A, with the rotatable object selected you will see a small dot/circle in the centre of the image. If you hold down the shift key and then use the mouse to drag the dot, you can move it to where you want the exact centre of the rotation to take place.

Howard

Hi DAB,

Howard

HI HOWARD

Many thanks for your suggestion which has worked perfectly, Happy New Year DAB

Hi Dab,

Assuming you have created a PNG file of the Propeller, there are two possibilities for issues. First, be absolutely certain that you have cropped the image so that the "center" of the file is the center of the hub for the propeller. If you have done that, then the next issue is to be absolutely certain that you do not have a difference in pan values from one keyframe to the other.

If you have satisfied these two conditions, the rotation should be dead center assuming you have not changed anything relating to 3D Transform.

If you would zip up the PTE file and post a link for me, I'll be glad to have a look and maybe see where the problem lies.

Best regards,

Lin

HI LIN

Very many thanks for your interest and offer to zip the file to you. However the problem has been solved by Howard's suggestion. Have a Good 2010 DAB