WnSoft Forums

Colour outside slide area

Hi R. Le. Bleu.

I had read that thread, but it doesnt mention how to achieve that on individual slides. I did ask this question in another thread and was told it's not possible to do this yet. Hense my suggestion for the next version. If it is possibel I'd appreciate knowing how.

Andrew

Hi R. Le. Bleu.

I had read that thread, but it doesnt mention how to achieve that on individual slides. I did ask this question in another thread and was told it's not possible to do this yet. Hense my suggestion for the next version. If it is possibel I'd appreciate knowing how.

Andrew

Sorry Andrew.

That is what I get for reading and not testing...

I have now tested, and here is what I suggest.

Open each slide in Objects and Animation,

On the top left there are 6 Icons - Mask, Frame, Add button, text, Rectangle, and Image...

Click on a blank spot in Object area to make sure your image is NOT selected.

Now Select Rectangle.

This will attach an opaque surface on the top of your image, with a default color that you can change...

Now select the rectangle, right click and click on Order/Send to back.

This will change the order of the stack such that your image is now on top of the rectangle...

Now Choose Properties and set the rectangle color to what ever you like. You can even use gradients here if you wish...

Does this do what you are trying to achieve?

HTH,

Dick

PS: Creating a frame before all the above will place both image and background in a container. Possibly not necessary in this example, but if you want to animate the package later, this ensures that the whole container moves and not just the image.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dick, Sorry for the late reply.

I sort of solved it by creating an independent BG at full size for each slide I want to have a different colour BG.

Then on each slide I set the BG colour to match the BG slide.A bit of a hit and miss but it seems to work.

Thanks for the help, I'm still learning rectangles!

Andrew.