WnSoft Forums

quick way of synching slides to end with music

Photofanatic

I Think I understand the difference between the option to 'synchronise music & slides' and 'Auto spread slides along music' from previoes topics I have posted but neither of them when checked do what I am trying to achieve which is actually make the slideshow and music files end at the same time - please can someone suggest what I am doing wrong ??

Thanks

Joy

Joy,

If your problem is just with the final slide then go into the Timeline view, click on Timed Points and then select "Set End of Last Slide at End of Music". This will adjust the duration of the final slide so that it ends when the soundtrack ends. Note that this changes only the final slide. It doesn't adjust any other slide.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for your reply Peter - but whilst I have been waiting I have other questions - Its probably best if I give you a full run down of what I am trying to do!

I have a slide show built which has 149 slides and 35mins worth of music - I want the show to end when the music ends but there also 3 sections in it made up of Dom templates for effects with the images so obviously they will have to run at their predetermined speed. I therefore want these to remain at their correct speed but adjust the timimngs of the other slides which aren't part of a template accordingly to end with the music - I know its a bit complicated but if there is a way around it I'd be grateful of your advice (or anyone else that may have done this too!) Thanks

Joy

Joy,

I don't know whether this will work or not but...

-what happens if you select just the slides from after the last of Dom's templates as a group (Left click the first of these slides and then Shift+Left Click the last) and then do Timeline...Timed Points...Arrange all points?

If this spreads those slides out as you want, then use the same technique for any other groups of slides that are not part of Dom's templates.

I've never tried this myself but, from reading posts that others have made in the past, I think there's a chance that it will do what you want.

regards,

Peter

Hi Joy,

I have written the developers and asked for a feature to do this. Perhaps soon they will have time to consider it.

Unfortunately, what Peter has wondered about will not work. The only way I know to do this is as follows:

Make a temporary slideshow using theDom's templates which you plan to place in your main show. Determine the total time for this temporary show.

Determine the time length of the background music and subtract the length of theDom's template slides from this time.

The time which remains must be divided equally among the "other" slides. Count the other slides then divide this remaining time by the number of "other" slides (the ones "not" in theDom's template(s)) and this is the time you need to set in Project Options for each slide. This will leave your background music extending beyond the last slide for the exact duration of those slides in theDom's template.

Open the temporary slideshow where you have theDom's templates and select and copy all slides to the clipboard. Do not close this slideshow, but use "File" "Open" and open the main slideshow and "Paste" these slides. Once they are pasted, you can move them in the main slide list with the mouse where you want them in relation to the other slides.

Everything should end right with the music.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for your reply Peter - but whilst I have been waiting I have other questions - Its probably best if I give you a full run down of what I am trying to do!

I have a slide show built which has 149 slides and 35mins worth of music - I want the show to end when the music ends but there also 3 sections in it made up of Dom templates for effects with the images so obviously they will have to run at their predetermined speed. I therefore want these to remain at their correct speed but adjust the timimngs of the other slides which aren't part of a template accordingly to end with the music - I know its a bit complicated but if there is a way around it I'd be grateful of your advice (or anyone else that may have done this too!) Thanks

Joy