WnSoft Forums

Mountain Journeys HD

coopernatural

All,

Just thought I'd slip in this last HD rework of a previous AV.

I liked the original 'Mountain Journeys',but not sure how this one will turn out.

(Am doing this on a 17" 4:3 monitor)

http://www.mediafire.com/?en2igodx00o Mountain Journeys HD PC

http://www.mediafire.com/?hqikuqkx3wz Mountain Journeys HD Mac

Images,like the original were courtesy of Google.

Davy

Hello Dave, I just viewed your Mountian Journey HD on my MacPro and Cinema 24inch. Excellent!! This keeps the fires going till I have PTE back again but on my Mac instead of my past PC. Thanks so much for making a version for both platforms. By the way the sound is excellent too. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

Glad it worked for you.

I didn't know that PTE could be installed on a Mac,so that's good to know.

I'm going to have to get one of those fancy monitors now.

Davy

Hello Davy! Actually as of now one can't install PTE on a Mac (except with a dual boot system) but those with PCs can build a presentation as a Mac Executable which then can be viewed on a Mac. The great news is that Igor and his friends are coming out with a stand alone version of PTE for Mac and hopefully this year. The 24 inch Apple Cinema monitor with the LED back lighting is fantastic although the new 24 inch is glossy and not a matte finish. Here in my office that is not a problem though. Thanks Bill

All,

I liked the original 'Mountain Journeys',but not sure how this one will turn out.

Davy

Davy -

I have to admit that I've been slow to warm up to slideshows made from pictures available on the public domain. Understand, this is not something you need to fix, it's been "my" issue all along. I've somehow defined a slideshow as being made up of pictures that the show's creator has taken and then put to music. This rigid definition begs the question about the music; must I be a musician too? Anyway, what you have done with these shows is rapidly disolving the boundaries I've established. I think they are wonderful. The 1920 x 1080 format really helps, especially with a large monitor. The music you've selected is quite fitting. And as I've long said -- good slideshows begin with good pictures. I just wish they were my pictures.

Keep them coming Davy.

Dave

Davy -

I have to admit that I've been slow to warm up to slideshows made from pictures available on the public domain. Understand, this is not something you need to fix, it's been "my" issue all along. I've somehow defined a slideshow as being made up of pictures that the show's creator has taken and then put to music. This rigid definition begs the question about the music; must I be a musician too? Anyway, what you have done with these shows is rapidly disolving the boundaries I've established. I think they are wonderful. The 1920 x 1080 format really helps, especially with a large monitor. The music you've selected is quite fitting. And as I've long said -- good slideshows begin with good pictures. I just wish they were my pictures.

Keep them coming Davy.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I fully understand your views and that shared with others about using downloaded images.

I take my hat of to those that do the whole thing,Photography/manipulation,Voiceover/music and creative assembly of these elements together in the AV presentation.Thats as good as it gets.

My frustration came from the fact that I wanted to get into PTE but had very little by way of useable photos.

I certainly couldn't get to the exotic destinations seen in some shows.I couldn't match the variety and quality of images either.Google images opened things up for me as I did not want to make one particular type of AV.Photographers tend to to get stuck in a rut with their own material.Same old type of photos,drop some nice music in,job done.I would soon get bored with that.I'm not totally sure that photographers make the best AVs.

As I have said before,I do this just as an interest,much like people who do crosswords etc.

No money or competitions involved.

So I have cut my teeth with downloaded images.Would I recommend it to someone starting off with PTE? Absolutely.

It will improve every element of your work.

It's not just as quick and easy as some would think to make a show,even with these downloaded Pics.

As a tester,try downloading say 35 images on a particular subject and making an AV.

I will be using Google a lot less now as I want to get back to real photography. To comment on your point about doing your own music.I have bought some uber expensive mics,audio interface,music software and a guitar for rolling my own soundtracks.

If I can make an AV with my own photos,make the soundtrack and artisticly craft it in to something great,I will be delighted,suprised and probably still asleep.

Thanks for the comments.

Davy

....it's been "my" issue all along. I've somehow defined a slideshow as being made up of pictures that the show's creator has taken and then put to music.

Dave

You are not the only one with this issue, for sometime I too felt this way. I came to terms with it by looking at the maker, (in this case Davy), as the producer of the AV, not the photographer or the musician but the producer. These are the three aspects of an AV if we can do all three wonderful but most of us only do two, photography and production and in Davys case here he has done just one.

I wonder how we would feel about an AV where someone composed the music and then used googled images and got someone else to do the production, I'm not sure if that is just as valid, it is the production that is the heart of the AV after all. Well IMHO anyway.

Davy

Following on from the comment above you have done the production and done it brilliantly. I really enjoyed this AV, music perfect choice to match stunning images. You have convinced me this is a valid exercise. I think you should put your name on the AV as the producer.

I look forward to the AVs you intend to produce with your photography.

All,

Davy

Hi Davy

This really does come up well on a larger monitor and as others have said, I wish the images were mine. When time permits, I may well have a go at re-working one or two of mine and also trying different music.

Maureen

Dave

You are not the only one with this issue, for sometime I too felt this way. I came to terms with it by looking at the maker, (in this case Davy), as the producer of the AV, not the photographer or the musician but the producer. These are the three aspects of an AV if we can do all three wonderful but most of us only do two, photography and production and in Davys case here he has done just one.

I wonder how we would feel about an AV where someone composed the music and then used googled images and got someone else to do the production, I'm not sure if that is just as valid, it is the production that is the heart of the AV after all. Well IMHO anyway.

Davy

Following on from the comment above you have done the production and done it brilliantly. I really enjoyed this AV, music perfect choice to match stunning images. You have convinced me this is a valid exercise. I think you should put your name on the AV as the producer.

I look forward to the AVs you intend to produce with your photography.

John,

'Producer' is just too fancy a title for me. I’m just a compiler, a photo mixing disc jockey.

Maybe I won’t feel so bad, when as technology advances, photos will exist in the backwater

of video footage stills. When PTE 12.1 has auto video still select and mood music generator

buttons. It’s all heading that way.

Should have listened to the old die hard photographers who thought that AVs were

the start of the end and we were all practicing the black art.

Before that time comes I want to do a whole, Photo, soundtrack, edit, scriptwriter AV production.

If it turns out to be a failure, I can always say, “They made me do it”.

Thanks for the comments.

Davy

Hi Davy

This really does come up well on a larger monitor and as others have said, I wish the images were mine. When time permits, I may well have a go at re-working one or two of mine and also trying different music.

Maureen

Maureen,

I am having a look today for a new monitor (Yeh).I had viewed a few AVs yesterday on a friends widescreen set and I

thought it made such a difference.

With the quality of your work,redoing in HD would be well worth the effort.

Now if you tell me you are also learning to play the theme to Braveheart I'm throwing the towel in :lol:

Look forward to the next production,

Davy

Maureen,

I am having a look today for a new monitor (Yeh).I had viewed a few AVs yesterday on a friends widescreen set and I

thought it made such a difference.

With the quality of your work,redoing in HD would be well worth the effort.

Now if you tell me you are also learning to play the theme to Braveheart I'm throwing the towel in :lol:

Look forward to the next production,

Davy

No need ever for you to throw the towel in. I could never match you for creativity or your other obvious (musical) talents. I could just about manage Braveheart with one finger on the piano, though. Then again, maybe not......

Maureen

No need ever for you to throw the towel in. I could never match you for creativity or your other obvious (musical) talents. I could just about manage Braveheart with one finger on the piano, though. Then again, maybe not......

Maureen

Maureen,

You have never heard me play the piano.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xezgi5zqzte

Now where did I leave that towel :lol:

Davy

Ken,

Actually I turned those grammy awards people down.

I was too busy pushing my piano half a mile for my first lesson :lol:

Davy

[/quote

Hey, maybe we could form a duo? Seriously, though, I think you are extracting the ..... :'} I suspect you are really very good. Trying out your new mike?

Maureen

Maureen,

A duo eh.

Hmmmmm. Ok Listen to this intro. http://www.mediafire.com/?n2tlnjdjhmy

Just sing "I remember when rock was young" Send me your demo.

I'll have my agent call yours.See if we can get booked in for next years Grammys :lol:

Davy

Errr.... maybe I won't bother after all. My excuse? No demo. Guess you called my bluff!

M