WnSoft Forums

ctrl+w (SOLVED)

james millar

Hello All,

Is there anyone who could advise me. I would like to be able to open a slide from the slide list into photoshop. At the moment when I use the ctrl+w keys it opens up in paint. I can see no options or preferences to be able to change this. I am using cs3, windows 7 64bit and the latest version of PTE.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim M.

Hello Jim,

Unless there is a change with Windows 7 (being a new OP) the simple way to ensure any image to open in the program of your choice ie, Photoshop is to Right click on any image ( not in PTE at the moment) and choose from the drop down menue 'Open with'. Then select 'Choose program' at the bottom which opens another option box called 'open with'. In this box select the program you want your images to open with in your case Photoshop and then (this is important) tick the little box at the bottom that says'''always use the selected program to open up this kind of file'''

You should find that when in PtE the crl and W will open the image into photoshop.

Anthony

Jim M,

If Anthony's method above works easily for you ... use it.

There is a provison in PTE to add your own image editor ... however its not a easy user task performed from within the menu functions of PTE GUI. Im not sure if this old function is even documented in PTE Help anymore ... but the function is still possible.

Look for the programs installed User directory ... find the Apr.ini file.

On Xp its located in All Users or the current named users directory depending on how it was orig installed:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.0\apr.ini

Once you find the Apr.ini file ... open it with Notepad and search inside the documemt for the text string:

GfxEditorPath=

Enter the full file path to your own preferred image editor after the = sign and save the document.

Example:

GfxEditorPath=E:\Image_Xp\PhotoFiltre Studio X\pfstudiox.exe

Your CTRL+W key function should now work and open your image editor from within PTE.

Hello Jim,

Unless there is a change with Windows 7 (being a new OP) the simple way to ensure any image to open in the program of your choice ie, Photoshop is to Right click on any image ( not in PTE at the moment) and choose from the drop down menue 'Open with'. Then select 'Choose program' at the bottom which opens another option box called 'open with'. In this box select the program you want your images to open with in your case Photoshop and then (this is important) tick the little box at the bottom that says'''always use the selected program to open up this kind of file'''

You should find that when in PtE the crl and W will open the image into photoshop.

Anthony

Hello Anthony,

Thanks for your quick reply, your solution worked a treat.

Regards, Jim M.

Jim M,

If Anthony's method above works easily for you ... use it.

There is a provison in PTE to add your own image editor ... however its not a easy user task performed from within the menu functions of PTE GUI. Im not sure if this old function is even documented in PTE Help anymore ... but the function is still possible.

Look for the programs installed User directory ... find the Apr.ini file.

On Xp its located in All Users or the current named users directory depending on how it was orig installed:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\6.0\apr.ini

Once you find the Apr.ini file ... open it with Notepad and search inside the documemt for the text string:

GfxEditorPath=

Enter the full file path to your own preferred image editor after the = sign and save the document.

Example:

GfxEditorPath=E:\Image_Xp\PhotoFiltre Studio X\pfstudiox.exe

Your CTRL+W key function should now work and open your image editor from within PTE.

Hello Nobeefstu,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and type all of these instructions. Not being computer literate I tried Anthony's method and it did the trick.

Regards Jim M.

I use the explorer thing in the files window not the slide list. If you look at the window above the slide list where your images are waiting to be selected, you can select any image then simply right click >explore > then open with > and you should see photoshop in the list. Saves a lot of hassle.

I use the explorer thing in the files window not the slide list. If you look at the window above the slide list where your images are waiting to be selected, you can select any image then simply right click >explore > then open with > and you should see photoshop in the list. Saves a lot of hassle.

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the info, after struggling for so long I did'nt realise there were so many ways to do this.

Thanks again,

Jim M.

TT, I like your method a lot....!!

Thanks, Gayland