WnSoft Forums

AN IDEA FOR A NEW SHOW

Ken Cox

CICI'S recent show

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11263&st=0

DRAWING THE LIGHT Describing the rail station of LIEGE 'Belgium)

was a real winner as far as i was concerned.

It was a lesson in modern methods of construction styles. Then just as the thread was ending, there was a tv show on that showed 2 of the world's leading designers of fabric building of structures -- great show.

So i googled and found the Denver airport - a fabric roofed building - unbelievable how / why they chose the design.

I think the members should look around on their travels to see if there is anything like it and make a show

I think it would be a real challenge to show all the features :)

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

Our station thankfully hasn't changed much over the last century, however we are visiting the National Railway museum at York later this year, so I'll see what I can do.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-126521573794_thumb.jpg

post-5560-126521578182_thumb.jpg

post-5560-1265215836_thumb.jpg

Hi Ken,

I whole heartedly agree with you. I am hoping to purchase a new digital camera and mosey along to our new World cup soccer stadium which has magnificent structures and lines and photograph it. You would have seen it in my A/V entitled "Durban - past to present". I hope to visit before the world cup starts in June.

Regards,

Colin

Maybe it is a good idea but i had an afterthought -- in this day and age, to take pictures in an airport today might cause you to be arrested for terrorism -- what made me have second thoughts was on the news today -- the fella that had a bomb in his pants that he tried to explode over the Detroit airport at Xmas time is really giving out more info re the group he is connected with -- nasty stuff

--- a few years ago after 9-11,Lumenix questioned me re taking picts around the 2 bridges located in our city connecting USA and Canada - told him i was never bothered - since that time the government have fenced off some of the ideal shooting spots, they have literally taken the fun out of going down to my favourite spots - then i broke my ankle and that put me out of commission and now am a couple years older and the ambition seems to have gone :(

so be aware if you try to do a shoot

still a good idea tho' :)

ken

Ken

Since the first war , it is forbiden by a law to photography bridges , airports , hydroelectric factories , stations , tunels , and photography from the air ....

Usualy , no problem until these last years into our occidental countries .

But with the terrorism problem, as you said , many areas are forbidden, as airports .

For the railways , I found these informations

As Cici is a good boy , he obtained the posibility !smile.gif

Guest Yachtsman1

Barry

If you did it as you suggested you probably would get arrested, personally if I want to take pictures in a public area, such as a church, public attraction and the like I get prior permission, if I can't get it I don't go. In my experience the areas I have sought permission are either, happy, make a charge, or refuse. I also carry a business card with all my contact details and the word photographer on it. Taking close ups of the public is also becomming a problem in the UK, if possible I always ask & tell them what the picture is for before taking it. As for pictures of children, I don't even try unless their parets are present and are happy. Two examples below of pictures taken with permission.

In fact I am currently trying to get my camera club to issue membership cards in an effort to cool an approach from the police.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman

post-5560-126544851107_thumb.jpg

post-5560-126544854276_thumb.jpg

Eric

Yes, your telling me anything I don't already know and only a week ago I stepped onto a beach here and was accosted by a women who asked if I was taking pictures of her kids. As I was crouched down taking a picture of a blue canoe I don't know how she deduced I was the least interested in her or her kids, but the media has whipped up these stupid people into thinking any male with a camera is a threat. Shame, but a fact of life and a few words of explanation is usually the best policy, but what about a crowded beach.

I agree the climate has curtailed what we would have done 20 years ago without a thought. I was joking about the terrorist cell, but perhaps not entirely.

Have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKl2sEN4yNM

I watched this a year or so ago and even the so called law enforcers have no idea what the law is.

So, when you go to the next Wensleydale show, don't forget to ask everyone who appears in your images permission before you use them in a public show rolleyes.gif