WnSoft Forums

Chinese Christmas/New Year, 2006

cjdnzl

Hello all,

This is the first show I have put up on the forum. I had a number of images taken in January 2006 in Hong Kong, and decided to put a show of sorts together for my camera club, since Chinese New Year is topical at this time. Apologies for the mix of horizontal and vertical slides, a slide show was not in my mind at the when I shot these images. If all goes well we should be in Hong Kong again for Chinese New Year 2011, and if it comes to pass, I'll have a better show in mind then.

Meanwhile, if you'd like a look, you can download from

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ym1zzngmjti/Chinese Christmas_New Year.exe

It's about an 85 MB file.

Colin

...Apologies for the mix of horizontal and vertical slides, a slide show was not in my mind at the when I shot these images...

Colin

====================

Colin,

I particularly liked how you did the fireworks portion. However, I don't get the apology for the mix of horizontal and vertical images. I have read many times in the Forum of the aversion to using vertical images in a PTE show. However, I think that adding appropriate vertical images add to the dynamics of a slideshow. Wouldn't taking the Eiffel Tower as a vertical make sense? Or the Petronas Towers? There was nothing wrong with your verticals and they made sense and did not detract from the show.

Just my 2 cents for advocating for a mix of horizontals AND verticals.

I don't mean to start anything here but I feel photography calls for both.

Gary