WnSoft Forums

Convert existing .exe show

burgmanguy

You can't "convert" from an executable file to other formats - to create video files you need the PTE files and original images. Executable code works by giving your computer "instructions" to create transitions, etc., on the fly. Video works by storing created transitions, animations, etc., and playing them back and doesn't require a "cpu" to function hence the ability to play video on "players" which have no real computing "brain."

Do you know which version of PTE you shows were created with? It "may" be possible to recover the original images then you could re-create the slideshow in an "internet friendly" format such as AVI, Flash, MP4 h.264, Mpeg 2, etc.. You could also do screen captures to get your images but they would be at the resolution of the display device.

Best regards,

Lin

I have made several .exe shows in the past and would like to convert them to an internet friendly format. The original images used in the existing shows no longer exist.

Solutions are requested. Thanks in advance.

Burgmanguy,

Following up from Lin's advice above, it is possible to re-capture your (original) Slideshow from your Monitor

provided of course its of good quality such as LCD-Displays etc. You can do this with a special Program which

we have used for years for business purposes and we have tried it in the past with a PTE-Show which we had lost

due to a Computer crash. We found the quality to be very acceptable indeed, and I note that they now have a very

advanced version of the program suitable for Windows-7 ~ if it runs on Win-7 you can be assured of the best !!.

The program is called 'Bulent Screen-Recorder' or lately its titled 'BSR Screen-Recorder. I attach a screenshot

of the program and a PDF-Document which explains all. (You can also have a Trial-Run before any purchase)

2 x Files.

Hope this helps you, if so let us know.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-126680175654_thumb.gif

BsrSoft-Data.pdf