WnSoft Forums

Transferring PTE to a new PC

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

With all the current questions relating to PTE, Anti Virus software, W7, I wondered what the best method of transferring PTE to a new PC without resorting to the internet. I have my original purchase keys, although video builder has expired. All the previous versions since my original purchase are stored in my wnsoft folder in my programmes file on my existing C drive. Is it just a matter of copying the folder to my new PC along with the keys? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Eric,

Basically, yes! - as I understand it.

Copy to your new PC the PTE zip file that you originally downloaded and re-install from that. Copy to the new PC the PTE keys file and re-insert the data into the registry. And - hey presto! - everything should work, or so I believe.

You might want to download the Key Copy utility that nobeefstu developed and use this to extract a copy of your PTE keys from your current registry. I think it is available via Beechbrook. If you can't find anything, send me an e-mail and I'll forward a copy of his zip file.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Basically, yes! - as I understand it.

Copy to your new PC the PTE zip file that you originally downloaded and re-install from that. Copy to the new PC the PTE keys file and re-insert the data into the registry. And - hey presto! - everything should work, or so I believe.

You might want to download the Key Copy utility that nobeefstu developed and use this to extract a copy of your PTE keys from your current registry. I think it is available via Beechbrook. If you can't find anything, send me an e-mail and I'll forward a copy of his zip file.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I have key copy thanks & have passed it on to various people who are in a lost key situation. What I may do if it is as simple as just copying, I may just use the new PC for PTE & my photo editing and not connect it to the internet until the current kafuffel with anti virus & W7 has died down.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1