WnSoft Forums

Loading Project file

Ednys

Sorry for such a basic question.

I have not done anything in P2E for quite a long while but am determind to start again. I was using my laptop the other day and started to put a idea together, but I want to transfer the little bit that I did on the laptop to my main computer, as this is where I have all the images I wish to use.

I have saved the images, Project file, and a zip file of the project as far as I had gone to my pen dirve and saved them to a new folder on the other computer.

Now I cannot fathom out how to open my project on the main computer. I have copied the saved file to a folder on the new computer but it says it cannot find the images. It is looking for the images on a different drive to the ones I have on the main computer. Is there a way of changing this please? I hope this makes sense. I am sure this is something that someone can help me with. :blink:

Thank you

Glenys :rolleyes:

Glenys,

Go back to your laptop, open the project file there and do "File...Create Backup in zip". Then copy that zip file to your USB stick and from the USB stick to your desktop system. Now on the desktop system, create a new folder for your project and use WinZip or similar to extract the entire content of the zip file into that new folder. Finally, launch PTE and do File...Open and navigate to the PTE project file in that new folder.

After that, if you want to have the PTE project use the copies of the images that already pre-existed on your desktop system, there is no alternative but to remove the exsiting images and introduce those from the desktop system.

regards,

Peter

Thank you Peter. I realised that I had not unzipped the whole file. I got it working.

The next thing I wish to see if I can do is save small extracts from a couple of older exe crations. Crazy thought I know, but I would like to be able to do that. I dont think this will be possible at the moment. I will just have to find the music, the photos and try to save the small amount of the music I require and put the particular images in and add it to the complete new cration I wish to do. I will have a big think about it.

Glenys

Glenys,

If you still have the original PTE project files you will be able to "cut and paste" the slides (complete with their transitions, timings, any objects added via O&A, etc.) Read the FAQ about copying slides from one project to another. What you will not be able to do, unless your music items were each individual items listed successively in the Project Options...Music tab, is get the original editted music.

Having said that, if you use Audacity as your sound editor and if you use MP3 files for your soundtracks, you can, surprisingly, open the PTE show's EXE file into Audacity and it will find the mp3 data and place that into Audacity ready for you to edit it. (This applies to Audacity v1.2; I have't tried this since I upgraded to Audacity 1.3)

regards,

Peter