WnSoft Forums

Split flip transition

crossfade

Hi.

I want to do a flip 3d transition, but split in half, with the left side flipping one way and the right side flipping the other way. I'm stuck on how to get two pictures side by side to animate. I'm trying to adapt the cube stuff, but flat, and it's not working very well. Any suggestions?

Crossfade,

Start by getting your two images placed side-by-side on a single slide as independent objects (i.e. not as children of the base slide and not as children of one another). Then set the duration of the base slide to be long enough to include the duration you want for the flip (by using Customize Slide...Main)

Now take the base slide into O&A, selec the Animation tab) and add a second keyframe to one of the two image objects at the point in time where you want the flip to end (don't worry about any values just yet, simply get the keyframe where you want it (probably at or near the half-way point of the slide's duration?). Then select the other image, and add its second keyframe (this should end up at the exact same time as the previous image's second keyframe)

Now activate the 3D Parameters pop-up window. Select the second keyframe of one image file and set Rotate X to 180. Select the other image file and select its second keyframe and set Rotate X to -180.

That will give you contra-rotating images about the X axis. Next you need to add the second pair of images to this slide. These two images will need their start points set to +180 and -180 of Rotate X and their end-points to +360 and -360 respectively so that they complete the full rotation about the X axis. You will need to untick "Show back..." in the 3D Parameters box, but I'll leave you to explore this for yourself.

Come back if you have further questions.

regards,

Peter