WnSoft Forums

A Celebration of the Ampersand

dpletts

I enjoy typography and particularly the ampersand, coming as it does in a variety of shapes. So I decided to make a slideshow about it, my first 'public' one. It is for PC only and lasts a tad over 5 minutes The zip file (Ampersand.zip, 19.5MB) can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ktgcd0tyuhk

The emphasis is on artwork rather than photography, and most of the graphic material is sourced from the internet.

Cheers,

DavidP

Thanks, Ken, for the kind words. Sorry about the falling snow and roadmap - but I have done a single slide of rain, lightning and thunder - just 16 seconds! :rolleyes:

The link to RLT.zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ghvkyatznca

The venue is Chichester Cathedral Close.

David

Like art itself - creative use of PTE expresses things "important" or "whimsical" from each of us. Well done. Your presentation reminds me, I have never liked an ampersand that looked more like a numeral "8" than what I thought an ampersand should look like! :rolleyes:

Great art-work David, a very enjoyable AV. Maybe just a tad too long but I still enjoyed it a lot. You must have spent quite a few hours working on it.

For a first very well done looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thank you, friends, for your kind comments and encouragement. The main reason for investing in P2E was to be able to add some visuals to the ambient music I make without having to embark on detailed animation. This is a challenge which I am looking forward to tackling. Creating 'artwork' is quite a lengthy business but I hope to give it a go - after all, being retired, I have plenty of time. I would also like to become more involved in taking photographs so that I can produce more traditional shows, but, maybe, with a surrealist influence.

As for the length of a presentation, I wouldn't want to go much beyond 5 minutes. Perhaps 4 mins would be a better target?

DavidP