WnSoft Forums

"FrameToImage" utility

boxig

FrameToImage

I'm a bit disappointed of the lack of interest in this program but maybe it is due to my vague description of its use. So I uploaded it to my site and wrote here a new description.

Even if you make your own frames this program still can make your work much easier when preparing your slides to use with "PicturesToExe". In general, it makes few things:

1) Keep your frames for quick preview.

2) Quick comparison between different combinations of image+frame.

3) Quick preview of the best size of framed image.

4) Save result.

I know it sounds vague again so here is how it works:

When you open the program you see a frame with image inside. You browse to find your bmp or jpg image. Now your image is inside the frame. But you don't like the frame. So you click a button and each click the frame changes. Finally you find the frame you like. But you want a bigger space between image and frame, so you use Left/Right arrows on your keyboard to decrease or increase image size. If you think the total result is too big or too small, you use the Up/Down arrows to decrease or increase the whole framed image. When you like what you see, you save the framed image. All images will be saved as jpg in "MyImages" folder which will be created by the program.

These were the basic functions. There are 100 frames to choose from, but you can add your own frames to the frames folder, or you can browse to find your frame.

If you load two images, one as image and one as frame (instead loading a frame), then you will have two images, one on top of the other, which each you can resize as you want.

You can see a small gif animation how it works:

Animation Sample Page.

I will be glad to read your comments.

If you want to contribute your frames to add to my first 100,

please send me 700 x 540 sized frames.

Granot

Boxig,

Im impressed with the function and simplicity of this tool ... I would think it be quite useful to alot of users that dont have such programs PS,PSP, etc.

Plus the user can keep adding to their collection of frames and borders to choose from and not be locked in to just what you have samples of. So its also updatable and flexable too.

Granot,

How very clever you are! This is simple, yet elegant and a very quick way to polish up some images for the web or a quick slideshow without opening Photoshop. Thanks you so much for sharing this.

My only comment would be that it would be really nice to be able to specify the filename and location where to save the framed picture. That would save hunting for it and moving to my web site.

I uploaded "FrameToImage" version 2.0

New in this version:

1) You can save final image to a folder you choose by browsing.

2) A backup image will be saved in a special sub-folder in the program folder.

The name of the image will be the date it was created, example:

20031021105752.jpg

This file was made in 21 October 2003 at 10:57:52 AM.

Remember to delete those backup files if you don't need them or keep them for a while.

Granot

Thank to alan for finding a bug :( added by mistake with some new features.

When image is smaller than frame you could see some numbers on right side

between image and frame, on the saved image.

Now fixed - new version uploaded.

Thanks Alan :D

Granot