WnSoft Forums

Bug ?

JRR

Igor:

Using 4.12, I got myself into a corner and had to CNTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it. (and lost my work that had not been saved)

I was working on the properties for an OBJECT. I told it to "RUN APPLICATION OR OPEN FILE".

Then I discovered I did not have the .exe file created yet. (I am working on a project with about 50 PTEs running within one PTE show - I had the exe file listed as done, but oops !!) I stupidly left it it set to RUN APPLICATION but the application property was left blank.

The OBJECT was created, but as soon as I want to do ANYTHING else I was told:

"Access Violation at address 004D06F1 in module APR.EXE. Write of address 83DE3000"

and could do nothing, no matter what I did I got the message.

Could I ask that you change the coding to protect people like me and not allow the OBJECT to be created if it is not valid. Or at least allow the ESC key to get out.

Thanks

Hi Jim

This problem was resolved with the latest version, version 4.14

A few of us had the same problem a month or so ago while creating a menu type shows, even with a valid Object.

The only way out was Alt/Control/Delete

I think if you install ver. 4.14 the situation will no longer occur.

Could I ask that you change the coding to protect people like me and not allow the OBJECT to be created if it is not valid. Or at least allow the ESC key to get out.

I do not know anything about coding, but you are right about the ESC key getting us out of any problem, incase a future problem should arise.

Actually this issue has been in all versions if I recall correctly... even now in version 4.14

This issue only happens when you test in preview/designer mode... and not in a compiled executable. For the link to work correctly in preview/designer we actually need to place the file to be launched in a relative path of the PTE program folder itself (as we have labeled it). If nothing is in the designation path ... it really seems to load nothing ... of which theres no escape except to terminate ( and loose all work if not previously saved).

So as JRR somewhat suggests ... we need the preview/designer mode to react to missing or mis-labeled designation paths as the same way as the compiled executable does. That is ... it should do nothing.