WnSoft Forums

INTO THE PYRENEES - PART 3

INTO THE PYRENEES - PART 3. The third and final part starts off in the Pont d'Espagne above Cauteret. From Cauteret we travelled onto Oloron Sainte Marie where we drove into Val d'Aspe as far as the Spanish Border. We also visited Borse and Lescun on our way to St Jean de Luz before going onwards to Bilbao to catch our ferry back to UK.

I have left the slides on slightly longer and reduced the transition times. Hope some might find this better.

Bill at www.beechbrook.com/pte has yet again kindly agreed to host. Grateful thanks as always, Bill.

Maureen

INTO THE PYRENEES - PART 3. - Maureen

Sensational once again Maureen. Where are my backpacks ? I'm got to get out there. Thank you for sharing your photographic talents and skills with everyone. You are a superior photographer and I enjoy so much receiving emails from my server advising me that you have posted yet another presentation on my site.

Regards,

Bill

David Letterman, late night talk show host, made the follow statement re skiing "the only thing i really know about skiing is, when you get off the ski lift at the top, before you proceed, stop and enjoy the view from there". I look at Maureen’s shows and i can almost feel the excitement that i used to get when i would print a perfect scene in the dark room – there were not many. In her case they are all perfect, so she MUST practice "enjoy the view" before taking the picture. The thing i cant understand is how she could wait so long to make the 3 series "public".

I would have been getting the chemicals ready as soon as i got home to see if i "did it right" :)

ken

David Letterman, late night talk show host, made the follow statement re skiing "the only thing i really know about skiing is, when you get off the ski lift at the top, before you proceed, stop and enjoy the view from there". I look at Maureen’s shows and i can almost feel the excitement that i used to get when i would print a perfect scene in the dark room – there were not many. In her case they are all perfect, so she MUST practice "enjoy the view" before taking the picture. The thing i cant understand is how she could wait so long to make the 3 series "public".

I would have been getting the chemicals ready as soon as i got home to see if i "did it right" :)

ken

Thanks, Ken. That is really sweet of you. I tend to leave my holiday pics on the computer for a while before I do anything with them intentionally these days. I have found from previous experience that when I have been out in such a great big landscape on holiday and then come home and take a peak at my pics, there is always an anti-climax, although not as much with digital as there was with 5x7" prints in my film days. So I tend to leave them and go back later; then I enjoy them more.

Andrew - thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed.

Maureen

Maureen,

Have watched the 3rd part of the Pyrenean trip a few times now.Gets better each time.

I now have the set.

Super stuff.

Davy

Thanks, Davy. Now you have the set I hope you won't be dashing down to the local car boot sale this weekend.

Have just watched your latest offering. I love the Charles Trenet version of La Mer although very different from Bobby Darin's. I wonder what you will give us next as I always look forward to seeing your shows. Always entertaining. Have a good weekend!

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Have just set up stall in the market.

The 3 part Pyrenean Adventure is almost sold out.

Some folks not happy with the 'No Refunds Policy',but I'm

running a business.By next week they will have forgotten that Julie Andrews

didn't star in it at all. :D

Next offering will be very very sad,so have some kleenex handy.

Davy

Hi Maureen,

Great show! I always love your photography. I like the slightly slower pace. It really does allow your work to show better.

Periodically, even at this slightly slower pace, I find that I'd like to view an individual image for a bit longer. A tap of my spacebar does not seem to pause the show, however. You might want to consider adding that option.

Don

Hi Maureen,

Great show! I always love your photography. I like the slightly slower pace. It really does allow your work to show better.

Periodically, even at this slightly slower pace, I find that I'd like to view an individual image for a bit longer. A tap of my spacebar does not seem to pause the show, however. You might want to consider adding that option.

Don

Thanks, Don. I do listen to what people say and I agree this show is better for the slightly longer slide duration. I'll bear in mind your comments about controlling the show by the space bar.

Maureen

Maureen

I have watched your trilogy on the Pyrenees enjoying each one more and more, I think you saved the best until the last. All were wonderful but number 3 is superb.

IMHO there have been many great AVs posted here and on Beechbrook over the years some equal to but none better than this one. The wide screen really does suit this type of AV and the slightly longer timing also works to the AVs benefit but the key is the great images, some thoughtful third images and the perfectly matched music.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Maureen

I have watched your trilogy on the Pyrenees enjoying each one more and more, I think you saved the best until the last. All were wonderful but number 3 is superb.

IMHO there have been many great AVs posted here and on Beechbrook over the years some equal to but none better than this one. The wide screen really does suit this type of AV and the slightly longer timing also works to the AVs benefit but the key is the great images, some thoughtful third images and the perfectly matched music.

Thanks very much for sharing.

John - thank you for your very generous comments. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of creating these shows but it is especially encouraging when other people write to say that they, too, enjoy them.

Maureen