WnSoft Forums

Photoshop Actions

Lin Evans

As suggested in the Photoshop Plugins, here's some of my favorite Actions for Photoshop. Please add your favorite actions:

I'll post a link to the site where I find some incredibly useful actions. These are written by an old friend, Noel Carboni. Noel is a Photoshop Action guru in my estimation. His action sets at ProDigital Software are useful, work very well and quite flexible. The two I use most are DSLR Tools (a set of actions) and StarFilter Pro.

DSLR Tools consists of a set of great tools for the photographer. StarFilter Pro (there is a Lite version also) is a unique, one of a kind, tool which allows the photographer to simply eliminate glass star filters. This action allows the user to not only place reflection stars on highlight areas, but actually use areas "created" by the addition of a 255, 255, 255 "spot" where the photographer chooses to place a star. The stars can be adjusted for the number of points, size, rotation, rainbow effect, etc., etc. When you consider the cost of a good glass star filter and the limited control one has with it which includes the limited versatility for multiple lenses, this photoshop action is a "steal."

Obviously, not all photographers care about star filters, but those who shoot jewelry or custom automobiles or even highly reflective surfaces frequently like such a tool.

I also use the Genuine Fractals sharpening action, but this requires the user to have an installed copy of Genuine Fractals (which is not inexpensive) on their system. The sharpening is incredible with this tool but unless one owns Genuine Fractals, it's of no value.

Here's the link:

http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/

Lin

• 2 months later...

Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems.

Adobe's 2003 "Creative Suite" rebranding led to Adobe Photoshop 8's renaming to Adobe Photoshop CS. Thus, Adobe Photoshop CS5 is the 12th major release of Adobe Photoshop. The CS rebranding also resulted in Adobe offering numerous software packages containing multiple Adobe programs for a reduced price. There are two versions of Photoshop: Basic and Extended, with Extended having extra features available. Adobe Photoshop Extended is included in all of Adobe's Creative Suite offerings but Design Standard, which has the Basic version.

Link Building| Link Building Services