WnSoft Forums

Picture resampling option

Hi all... from time to time I come back with this improvement suggestion...

I love to work with pictures at higher resolution possible. That gives me the opportunity to output my work on projectors, computer monitors, HDMI monitors and so on.

But... the problem is that I shoot photos at 4000x3000 px. Even the most modern hardware is not capable of displaying at such resolution (at least, the one i can afford, eheh).

Where is the point? PTE is capable of realtime scaling to the right output resolution you say...

The point is that a 4000x3000 pictures take ages to load and they are heavy in video memory, especially if you deal with really complex slides. This sometimes leads to less smoothness and longer loading times, even on my respectable (i suppose) ATI 4570 with 512 mb video ram.

Currently I must rescale each picture to the resolution i suppose it will be used for the projection. Moreover, I must take into account also scaling factors used during animations to ensure that each picture will not blur because of a lower resolution.

Wouldn't be wonderful if PTE had an (optional) parameter that force it to rescale each picture taking into account scaling factors when compiling the executable? This would let me work with higher pictures without trouble (okok, in preview mode it will be slow but i accept that) and be sure i'll get the most performance when in exe mode!

Thanks! Umberto

... Wouldn't be wonderful if PTE had an (optional) parameter that force it to rescale each picture taking into account scaling factors when compiling the executable? This would let me work with higher pictures without trouble (okok, in preview mode it will be slow but i accept that) ...

Hi Umberto,

I made a similar proposal, some time ago, and as the (rather expensive) products of the Austrian/German competitors show, it is possible to have this feature. By the way, these products automatically adapt projects to the given screen by preprocessing graphical data (m.objects calls them "textures") including resampled copies of the images and additional data for particular dissolves. As a consequence, the preview runs smooth, as well. An additional advantage of these methods would be that preview and exe-files could easily handle color profiles.

Regards,

Xaver