WnSoft Forums

SoundProblems

Ronniebootwest

I was so glad to get my copy of PicturesToExe up and runnng yesterday afer some false starts with registration. I have spent today composing my first slide show - alas! Things have gone wrong for me again. My slide show works perfectly with a cross fade transition but when I add a music background; the sound breaks up and destroys the show. I have re-booted the computer to no avail. Has anyone any ideas on what might be wrong and what I should do about it please? Perhaps I ought to uninstall and then reinstall the program - would this help?

Ron West

Hello Ron,

Please couldn't you let me know:

1) Installed version of PicturesToExe;

2) Configuration of your PC (CPU, memory size, video card, sound card and version of Windows);

3) What size of your JPEG pictures (in Kilobytes and in pixels);

4) Will the problem occurs with another effects or only with Fade in/out effect?

With the help from the support team I have now resolved my sound problems. It seems that it is my own ignorance of the softwar capabilities that was causing the conflict. My file sizes and resolution as far too high! It seems that PicturesToExe will not handle BIG files (i.e. Tiff) We must use jpeg of not more than 200-400kb and the resolution for graphics should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels. This is good advice for a newcomer like me. Thankyou for the help you gave me

Ronnie West.

"We must use jpeg of not more than 200-400kb and the resolution for graphics should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels"

Yes and no, Ronnie. It's true, PTE doen't support Tiff files, but supports either Jpeg and BMP (but a good Jpeg cannot be distinguished from a BMP, on the monitor).

But you can also use larger Jpeg (500/600 KB), and images larger than 1024 x 760 (e.g. 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 1024). Sure, you must have a reasonably fast machine (at least 1200 - 1400 MHz CPU), and pay attention if you want to run your show from a CD (much slower than a hard disk).

...... It's true, PTE doen't support Tiff files, but supports either Jpeg and BMP .........

Guido,

Don't forget the "gif's" - even if they are transparent! B) Or, are you including "gif" in with "BMP" ?