WnSoft Forums

Menu sequence and Mac's

stonemason

Can people who create and use Mac sequences tell me if you still disable hardware acceleration for any menu sequence that you use? Whilst I used to do this for pc versions using earlier versions of PTE, I have not found it necessary since the version 6.0 + PTE versions. Not being a Mac user but occasionally needing to output Mac slideshows I would like to draw on the experiances of others.

Geoff

Geoff,

I cannot speak for the Mac fraternity but with regards to menu sequences and hardware acceleration as it affects Windows PCs...

If the target sequences are being launched with the "Run application..." command then there will be two instances of the PTE code active at the same time (the menu sequence and the target sequence). Therefore there will be the potential for them to conflict for use of hardware acceleration. Therefore it would be wise to turn off hardware acceleration in the menu sequence.

If the target sequences are being launched with the "Run Slideshow..." command then there will only ever be one instance of the PTE code active. (This is why all such sequences have to be created using the exact same version of PTE). Therefore there will be no potential for any conflict for use of hardware acceleration. Therefore it should not be necessary to turn off hardware acceleration in the menu sequence.

I say "should" because I have never used animation in a menu sequence and so have never needed to have hardware acceleration turned on in the menu sequence. But what I describe is my understanding of how PTE operates. I may be wrong!

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter, just to clarify if the "Run slideshow and return" option is used is the menu then stopped while the slideshow is running? I don't use animation in the menu, but as hardware acceleration is checked by default I have never bothered to turn it off, and not had any problems to date. However I do make sure that menu and slideshows are all created using the same version of PTE.

regards

Geoff