WnSoft Forums

Image Size and Assembly

elijahnow

Hello,

I'm making a portfolio/slideshow.

I have images that are both photos and graphics, there are both landscape and portrait images.

I will put my logo and a title on each image and use a black background.

I believe I should use 16:9 ratio.

I would like to know if I should put all this together in PhotoShop and then place them in P2E and be done, or should I assemble it all in P2E?

Also what dimensions should my images be?

Thank you,

Del

The choice of method is yours. Either way is possible and I know of AV workers who use both methods (and also mix and match the methods). There is no "right" solution except the one that feels "right" to you.

The images should be sized for the dimensions of the medium being used for playback. If several different sized playback devices will be used, size the images for the largest expected and allow them to be downsized by the others when needed.

For example:

If being played back on PC monitors 1024x768, 1280,1024 and 1920x1080 - make the sequence at 1920x1080 and let the others do the downsizing.

regards,

Peter

P.S. Have you downloaded and read the User Guides and have you visited the FAQ section of this forum? There is a wealth of advice on many topics already available to you.

Guest Yachtsman1

If you make the background layer black in project options, you can adjust the picture size in the O&A (objects & animations) screen then use comments box to add any text you require. I don't usually add text this way, but a picture I took recently couldn't be cropped to suit the 1280x1024 size I was using so I took advantage of the black bands to add the title. See picture.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-127546326508_thumb.jpg