WnSoft Forums

Monitor Size in pixels

Please could anyone tell me the quickest way of finding the size of my monitor in pixel dimensions? I don't have a handbook. Sorry to ask such a basic question. Also what would be the maximum size a TV monitor might be? I am doing a slideshow which will be made into a DVD for TV viewing but have no idea if the size of TV - assuming it is large - say 52" plasma - is there a way of working out the pixel dimensions for this? Thanks

Joy

Joy

PC screen Resolution

Go to your desktop and right click - Select Personalize with Vista, properties I think with XP - Select display settings and the screen resolution will be displayed bottom left of the Display settings window. See attached

TV Screen Resolution

A 52 inch plasma is likely to be full HD and that will be 1920*1080

I am afraid that is not so clear cut as it will depend on how much you wish to Zoom. In my view many users of PTE badly overdo this and rather than add anything much to their show, they actually detract from it by allowing a zoom to go on and on an on an on.

However, that is a personal view and I like my animation a little more delicate and subtle. I make my slide shows at 1920*1200 to fit my monitor and if I wanted to zoom an image I would probably add 400-500 pixels on that size making the image 2420*1600.

I would use less in some cases.

Hi Barry,

Good choice of 'Resolution' ~ and if I may add for XP-Users the 'attachment'

will show how to find the Screen Resolution for XP-PC's and Laptops.

Brian (Conflow).

post-1416-127552097445_thumb.gif