WnSoft Forums

Uploads to Mediafire

David Porter

I have uploaded a number of A/V's to Mediafire via my ISP, Virgin Media, but as of 13th May it stopped working. Virgin Media say they have problems uploading to "Rapid Share Sites" and (so the guy on the Help Phone says) don't know why and don't know when it will be fixed. I know I can use Beechbrook but this is not so convenient for my personal web site. Does anyone have any input or can suggest a site that might work with my ISP.

Mickp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mickp

Are you trying to load to mediafire via Virgins home page??? If you are can you try loading from IE???

I had trouble with BT Yahoo when I couldn't access a particular car site, I used IE & sorted it straight away :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Hi Mick,

If you have your own personal web site, why not just create a folder there and upload your zipped A/V's to your own site? Unless you have very limited storage, that works very well. Just give your link information and your audience can download right from your own site.

Best regards,

Lin

I have uploaded a number of A/V's to Mediafire via my ISP, Virgin Media, but as of 13th May it stopped working. Virgin Media say they have problems uploading to "Rapid Share Sites" and (so the guy on the Help Phone says) don't know why and don't know when it will be fixed. I know I can use Beechbrook but this is not so convenient for my personal web site. Does anyone have any input or can suggest a site that might work with my ISP.

Mickp

Mickp,

If this is a Virgin Media problem then filesize and browser are both potential factors. I'm a Virgin Media subscriber and have just uploaded a trivial (6K) zip file and then downloaded it again successfully. I use Firefox browser.

However, I'm not convinced that it is a Virgin Media problem, or at least it isn't one that affects all users. I uploaded two files in May: one on 25th and another on 30th. I know for certain that the one on the 30th has been successfully downloaded by its intended recipient. That file was 8.05MB.

Whatever the cause of this problem might be I don't think you should put total reliance on it being one that Virgin Media has to solve. I think there might be some other cause; and that might be one in your own court to identify and resolve.

For example what were the most recent changes that you made to your software or hardware prior to the 13th May?

regards,

Peter

Thanks for all your rapid response to my problem but would you beleive it - 30 minutes after posting I had a e-mail from Mediafire to say they had been talking to Virgin Media and V.M had found the problem and were now resolving it. Whether that was because I threatened to leave them I doubt but it is now up and running again. Lin - thanks for your input re the web site but as I operate this site on a "painting by numbers" basis, I shall contact my friendly guru and see what can be done. A/V coming up.

Mickp