WnSoft Forums

Playing an .exe file

Photofanatic

Hi I Have created a few slideshows and saved them as an .exe file which play beautifully on my PC. However when I burnt 3 of them onto a CD and gave it to a friend he couldnt open them on either his PC or laptop. I think it will be to do with how his security is setup but is there a format I can burn to which gives .exe quality and which will be playable from a CD on all computers?? Thanks

Joy

Joy,

Copying the .exe files onto the CD and letting Windows do the burning should have given you what was needed. If you used a re-writeable CD, did you remember to "Finalise" the CD before you ejected it? Failure to do this would mean the CD would then work only in the PC which had done the burn. Could this be the problem?

regards,

Peter

JOY

depending on the computer and the show you need a fairly powerful computer to ron directly of fthe cd

best bet is to copy and paste the exe to the hard drive and run from there -- then if you cannot run the exe that is another problem altogether

ken

Joy,

Exactly what do you mean by..."My friend could not open my CD on their PC or on their Laptop" ?

Can you explain exactly what happened after inserting the CD into their PC and Laptop ?

1)

Did they simply wait for the CD to open and Play the Slideshow ?

2)

Can they find their CD-Drive Icon, then right-click on it and select "open" then double-clk the Exe Icon. ?

3)

Can you advise as to what type of CD you used in the "burn" process:- CD-R or CD+R or Re-Recordable ?

Brian (Conflow)