WnSoft Forums

Color Help again[SOLVED]

Powelly

I am having the same problems mentioned in a previous Topic on color. The color I am seeing in Photoshop CS5 is not matching the color in PTE 6.0.

I am having to over saturate the color to get it correct in PTE. I am using a nvidia card on 17 inch sony vio. I don't think the card is the issue.

I have read previous post and have not resolved the problem.

Are other users having the same problem?

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Steve

I am not sure how to refer to the previous thread this is the web paste http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11982

I have found the problem - I am opening my images in Lightroom 3 first then importing to Photoshop CS5 then converting and saving to jpg and then into PTE.

I changed the color space in Lightroom to Adobe RGB 1998 and now I see the same color in PTE.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Steve

Hi Powelly

Sorry - but that is wrong.

For images to display correctly in Pte they must be in the sRGB format.

It is O.K. to work on images in Photoshop in any colour space you wish, but you must convert to sRGB before saving for use on the internet or in any non-colour managed application which includes Pte.

Photoshop uses the Monitor profile to display images on the screen, irrespective of the colour space you may be using. Non colour managed application do not, this is the reason why there may be a slight difference when viewing sRGB images in Photoshop.

Regards, Ken

Hi Powelly

Sorry - but that is wrong.

For images to display correctly in Pte they must be in the sRGB format.

It is O.K. to work on images in Photoshop in any colour space you wish, but you must convert to sRGB before saving for use on the internet or in any non-colour managed application which includes Pte.

Photoshop uses the Monitor profile to display images on the screen, irrespective of the colour space you may be using. Non colour managed application do not, this is the reason why there may be a slight difference when viewing sRGB images in Photoshop.

Regards, Ken

Thanks Ken for setting me straight on that, I am now saving my images from Photoshop using the correct sRGB color space and the color is spot on.

Nice to have the your help - Thank you,

Steve