WnSoft Forums

Suggestion for PTE refinement

JRR

Igor:

A small refinement please in some future release of PTE. :)

When you work through your SLIDE LIST, if a slide has CUSTOM SETTINGS, the "P" next "customize slide" turns a lighter grey. That is very helpful.

But it would be VERY helpful, if it turned a lighter grey when there were OBJECTS attached to a slide as well. That would save you having to preview slides when checking to see if you have an OBJECT associated with a particular slide, if you are not sure which ones do have an OBJECT.

If the "p" is reserved for "customize slide", then prehaps an "o" on the right side of "objects" ??

As I have said many times, the OBJECTS in PTE is the greatest thing in PTE since sliced bread (and I don't mean Al's slice of bread in the preview area ;);) ) and to my mind is one of the major features making PTE such a great product. Scaling them along with this refinement can only improve the wonderful utility of PTE.

Thanks

Igor:

a second small (?) refinement for OBJECTS:

Can we have an option to have a coloured outline of the OBJECT on the slide ?

When using the BUTTON OBJECT without any text (as the text is already on the slide and you are just laying the button on top of the text) sometimes it does not stand out as much as it could.

Allowing for a coloured outline of the BUTTON OBJECT would be nice ;)

Thanks

........Can we have an option to have a coloured outline of the OBJECT on the slide ?

...........snip................

Allowing for a coloured outline of the BUTTON OBJECT would be nice   ;)        

Jim,

I presume you mean "different colours", in addition to the white-coloured border already there? ;)

How we all seek different things and sometimes opposites. See my thread "Objects" Last Post 11.10.03 in which I sought to get rid of the surrounding box which I am now able to do from the advice received. This may solve your problem Jim or it could provide a catalyst for someone to come up with the answer.

Ron [uK]

Al:

Yes I meant coloured as in choice of colours for the border.

Ron:

In the use I am making of OBJECTS right now, I need to button to be visible. I have used "invisible" OBJECTS before by using a transparent .gif file as an OBJECT.

I will have to go looking for you past post for other applications

Thx

Jim,

You might be able to use a transparent GIF with a border, instead of a button.   It can also be programmed for different actions.

Al: Good idea !!

But (and there is always a "but" ;) ) in many of my applications of OBJECTS the GIF approach would not be as flexible as the BUTTON. The button is fully size adjustable as you are "laying it down". I frequently use OBJECTS laid over an image or text already in a slide and the image or text length and size varies.

So using the GIF with a border would be great if the OBJECTS were all standard sizes, but in my case they frequently aren't so I would be going back and forth to PhotoShop to try to get it sized correctly.

BTW, I was after a different coloured border for the BUTTON as I am laying buttons over existing text on a white background.