WnSoft Forums

How to make a DVD to play on television with PTE 6

rick235

I had no problem to make a DVD for television with PTE 5 but have a huge problem making a DVD PTE 6. My show is 71.3mb with a picture size of 1920x1200 px with music, so far have tried three discs but none will play through a DVD player. Can someone please assist me and tell me what i am doing wrong.

I had no problem to make a DVD for television with PTE 5 but have a huge problem making a DVD PTE 6. My show is 71.3mb with a picture size of 1920x1200 px with music, so far have tried three discs but none will play through a DVD player. Can someone please assist me and tell me what i am doing wrong.

Hi,

I work with PTE 6.0.4 and recently I started making DVDs of some of my PTE slideshows.

I found myself with a problem to solve, which concerns the so-called TV Safe Zone. I don't know if you have this same problem (when burning DVD, part of the picture, the borders, disapear, because of such TV property).

Anyhow, although I have no idea why you are not having success playing your DVDs, I only can let you know that I never use PTE burning process, instead, I prepare a VIDEO_TS folder and burn it using IMG BURN software (free, although the best!).

In case you are interested on TV Safe Zone problem and all my usual process to make PTE DVDs, please see

www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11946

mainly my last post of this discussion, dated 02 June.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jose

Rick,

Please be more specific.

Are you getting any error messages etc?

The methodology for making a DVD Video Disc in v6 is EXACTLY the same as in V5.

When you get to the last page - click on the button to CREATE AN ISO Image only. You can then be sure that if this is successful your problem is not with PTE but with your burner.

Double clicking on the ISO File should open the ISO Image burning module of your chosen software (at least it does with ROXIO).

Also read this thread:

http://www.picturest...showtopic=12117

DG

rick235,

I had no problem to make a DVD for television with PTE 5 but have a huge problem making a DVD PTE 6. My show is 71.3mb with a picture size of 1920x1200 px with music, so far have tried three discs but none will play through a DVD player. Can someone please assist me and tell me what i am doing wrong

A recent user had a very similar problem as yours. Check that your PAL/NTSC setting is correct for your location ... the default setting in V6 may be different that of your V5.

All PC-DVD players play both types. Most TV-DVD players play only one type specifically for your location. Some TV-DVD units will play both if your model supports.