WnSoft Forums

Text and Animation

fixit10

I have found when adding text to a slide all is well when you are not zooming or panning to add multiple text boxes at the same time.

The text then says put during a slide show. However, if you do put multiple text boxes on a slide (all at the same time) and then pan or zoom the first text box will be pinned while the others will not. To overcome this problem you must add one text box at a time. To clarify, do not open multiple boxes and then move them to the spot you want. Open the 1st and place it, then open the 2nd and 3rd...

I hope this helps other who have encountered this anomoly.

Hi, actually, I think you experienced probably without knowing the parent-child feature.

If you don't want the objects to interact with each other when you pan/zoom one of them, you have to be careful to create each object as an independant object (1st level object).

Right now, when you create a new object, if you do not click on an empty space in the objects list, it is created as a child object. Most of the time, the new object will be created as a child object of your main image.

The result looks like this :

MAIN IMAGE
!
+--- New object

Actually, in your case, you want the objects to be at the same "level"

MAIN IMAGE

New object

An alternative solution is to use two frames: place all the objects you do not want to move as children of one of the frames and all the objects that you do want to move on the other - and then add the animation keyframes to the second frame object rather than the individual objects.

regards,

Peter