WnSoft Forums

Like button to add to slide

As a professional photographer, I use PTE to preview my images. It would be helpful for my clients to mark a slide that they like. Then somehow be able to print "like" list or create thumbnails at end of show? Also perhaps click on thumbnail to see full slide, like a a jump to screen maybe?

Ken-

I actually have formulated a system like this using another program called breeze browser. It prints thumbnails and does alot of other functions like converting raw files all the way to creating proof books. It's a good program and like PTE one that I have used for years, and is VERY affordable like PTE. So, it's ok that PTE doesn't perform this task...buuut, it would be helpful if the slideshow had some dynamic capabilities for the viewer, while protecting my images. The number reason why I use PTE is because of the do not print screen option along with the protection of the image files being locked in the slideshow. I know in the past a simple hex editor could crack it, but it would take someone with that kind of knowledge to hack it. Bottom line I feel that my intellectual property is safer using PTE.

Peter-

Yep, you are right and that is what we suggest our clients to do. However, you know how people are....they want more.

THE P2E white board is already in place to view the contents of the show, to move slides around , to access slides etc., so i dont know why you would have to use BB in order to give a list to people

and Stu went one step further and wrote a program that will do a multitude of things -try it :)

ken