WnSoft Forums

Overall volume adjustments

Dear Igor and team ...

Having already enjoyed the sound-adjusting benefits in PTE 6.5, I find I would LOVE one additional enhancement, which I hope would be simple to implement.

Could we please have two overall sound adjustment factors in Project Options / Music ...

(1) A factor for overall adjustment of background music volume levels (default 100), and

(2) A factor for overall adjustment of sound comment volume levels (default 100)?

This would make it simple to use a set of sound comments recorded at one consistent level, with a set of background pieces which may have been individually adjusted to achieve a reasonably consistent level, but perhaps a bit too loud, competing with the sound comments.

In my estimation, it would often be satisfactory to adjust sound comment levels as a batch, rather than having to adjust each one. I say this after having just made many dozens of individual sound comment volume adjustments.

Hoping for your favourable response ...

Ken T (APLman)

• 3 months later...

If I may add to my suggestion above - it seems that some re-working of the audio facilities is likely in the near future. I would therefore like to make my suggestion less specific with regard to the existing implementation.

What I would really like to see is a provision for separate RUN-TIME control of background sound level (usually music) and foreground sound level (typically commentary). In the context of my travel shows, this would make possible:

* Running a show without my commentary ... other members of the travel party could enjoy showing my pics but give their own verbal spin;

* Reducing the background to make the commentary clearer.

The same facilities, if available in Preview, would facilitate development of a show with minimal repetitive annoyance to housemates.

Ken T.