WnSoft Forums

Video Builder DVD'S not starting when loaded into DVD player

rick235

After producing a DVD with video builder in exe6.5 everything appears OK but when the show starts to play the title page comes up and a little bit of the first music track starts for about 10 seconds and then keeps repeating it until i press next on the remote control, then the screen changes and it starts to play the show OK.

What i need is for the show to start automatically when the disc is loaded without me having to press next each time, is this possible and how do i do it?

rick235,

IF you want your DVD slideshow(s) to start playback automatically ... you will have to omit using the Menu.

There is no setting in VideoBuilder to allow the Menu to start playback automactically within a defined time. Using a DVD Menu requires the User to initialize playback.

The VideoBuilder Project Options does have settings to enable/disable returning to the Menu after playback of each Title.

* If you want a DVD startup Title page to act as a automactic lead-in for the DVD contents ... you will need to build a seperate Title slideshow in PTE to meet you needs and add it to VideoBuilder's list of files to use in the DVD.

* The VideoBuilder Menu system has very basic and limited capabilities when compared to 3rd party author tools dedicated to making just DVDs.

When you go into video builder, untick the box bottom left which says Create menu. I have not tried it, but the "Next" option then takes you straight to the final DVD creation screen and I guess that will bypass any menu pages and play the DVD automatically

OK the first try i unticked the create menu then i went to the next page scrolled down until the line where it states add to you DVD then hit the search box on the end of the line, opened up my sound file and carried on, the DVD then played normally. Next i made another DVD but this time i did not add the sound files and it played great with full sound.

Once again thanks guys.

Rick

DVD (Single+Multi) Menu Autorun Program

Here is a little utility which can "Autorun" Single+MultiMenu DVD Programs which

includes Video-Shows, Music-Files, Multidocuments etc.

Link:-

http://dukelupus.pri.ee/autorun.php

Plus:-

A PDF Instruction Sheet.

CD-DVD Autorun.pdf

Brian (Conflow)

Rick,

Next i made another DVD but this time i did not add the sound files and it played great with full sound.

Adding any sound files when in VideoBuilder ... only adds sound playback for the Menu portion of the DVD. You cannot have/add sound when no Menu is used in the DVD. Normal slideshow music and sound is all entered while building your PTE slideshow project.

The DVD Menu display is not actually part of your PTE Slideshow(s) ... its only a menu system which links access to/for the Slideshow(s) launch/playback.