WnSoft Forums

Button

Joanna

I have been searching this wonderful forum and can't find an answer to my problem. I have made a slide show of approximately 300 wedding images that plays beautifully on numerous computers so no problem there. I have since then made another one slide show that consists of an introduction page with information on how to order the images a hyperlink to the web page for the order form, and a button to start the slide show. When I save it and create the show it works on my computer, but when I zip it using winzip (for uploading to my web site using a different computer) the button to start the show doesn't work. The hyperlink works fine, but all you can view is the introduction page and click to go to the order page. The show won't start. Hope I explained this clear enough, sorry if I'm a little long winded!

Joanna

Joanna ,

My first guess is that you have used a direct path in your destination string labeling.

Always use relative paths in your destination strings.

Relative paths never use drive labeling (C:\,D:\,etc).

Examples using relative :

If both your exe files are in the same folder ... you need just the name of your file in the destination path string labeling (easiest choice for most users).

myshow.exe

If your using folders that contain each of your show exe parts ... you must show a relative path from the executing file location (or from the root pending upon your folder setup).

\foldername1\myshow.exe

Joanna and Stu,

I just made a CD for a PTE demo to Camera Club members, and had an Intro show, with links to several other shows. Some of these shows were in separate folders, with direct pathnames set up as per the drive pattern on my desktop. However, since I put all linked shows in the same root directory on the CD as the Intro show, everything runs fine. :)

Thank you both for your help. I made a separate folder holding the introduction show and the main show and was able to get it to work from a CD. There is one catch though, the CD now has two shows - one called Instructions (the introduction show) and one called Barnes (the main show of the wedding images). You have to click on the Instructions show to get it to work. If you click on the Barnes show you don't see the instructions page with the web links etc. I don't know how to do it so there is only one file on the CD. This way people won't know which icon to click on to run it. Hope again I am making since.

Thanks again,

Joanna

Joanna

I think not using folders is a simple but good way, as AL made.

you can make one show (with one slide) which will be opened

when CD inserted (use autorun.inf file). On this slide make two buttons,

one run the instructions and one the main show. You can check also

some of my free autorun utilities in "autorun section" on My Webpage

Joanna:

One way I resolve your issue is that I make a one image show that has an OBJECT BUTTON link to each show.

Then I add text (Use PhotoShop or a text OBJECT) to the one image that describes what you want the viewer to do with each icon (OBJECT BUTTON)

For the one image, I try to select a meaningful image from one of the shows and then place the OBJECTS and text on top of it.

Hope that helps