WnSoft Forums

Valley of Fire - Revision

gh6539

Acting on all the kind suggestions to my Valley of Fire Post

I have revised the show with all these suggestions.

I have changed the aspect ratio to 16:10

Changed cloud .

Cleand up photos, edges should be smoother.

An tried to slow down the speed of the cloud (I could only do this by increasing the the length of the show with a longer music track).

There is probably a better way to do this.

Download Valley of Fire (16-10)

Enjoy,

Sorry, but you have gone too far the other way. Its now far too slow. You shouldn't have to massively increase the slide show length to accomodate slower animations, just restrict the movement of each sky a bit in the Objects and animation screen, The speed of any animation has to balance with your music and it now lags behind. The main title is on the screen for ages and I thought the slide show had stopped.

It also seems that you may have used the same images from your previous show for a much larger slide show because on my 1920*1200 monitor the image quality is not so good.

I am not sure what resolution you made your images but if your going to target a 1920*1200 or 1280*800 resolution (16:10) Then your going to need the images somewhere around 2400*1200 or 1680*800. You need that extra width to create your gentle animation and retain the quality. Your drawing attention to the clouds so they need to be reasonable quality.

It could be that your images are being enlarged to fit my screen, to fix that, go to the Project options > Screen tab and tick the fixed size of slide box

As has been said, each picture is on-screen a bit too long.

I think that the new cloud background is much better and scales well with all your pictures. Having said that, your original clouds looked good with the close-up pictures. Also the clouds move at a reasonably stately, pace, although in the 9th slide (I think), the one before the gentleman in hiding, maybe a little too fast? Being high-level clouds means that we perceive them to move quite slowly despite bombing along at perhaps 100 to 200 mph. But, perhaps, I'm just being a bit picky? I still like the idea, though.

David P

Sorry, but you have gone too far the other way. Its now far too slow. You shouldn't have to massively increase the slide show length to accomodate slower animations, just restrict the movement of each sky a bit in the Objects and animation screen, The speed of any animation has to balance with your music and it now lags behind. The main title is on the screen for ages and I thought the slide show had stopped.

It also seems that you may have used the same images from your previous show for a much larger slide show because on my 1920*1200 monitor the image quality is not so good.

I am not sure what resolution you made your images but if your going to target a 1920*1200 or 1280*800 resolution (16:10) Then your going to need the images somewhere around 2400*1200 or 1680*800. You need that extra width to create your gentle animation and retain the quality. Your drawing attention to the clouds so they need to be reasonable quality.

It could be that your images are being enlarged to fit my screen, to fix that, go to the Project options > Screen tab and tick the fixed size of slide box

I agree the cloud movement is far too slow and the opening screen is a problem. I am struggling with the annimation to get it correct.

I am determined to get this right or as close to as possible.

I did use the same images and resized them to 1920*1200.

I did a quick check and Fixed size of slide was not ticked. There is a difference with this ticked.

Regrouping and moving on I will get this working.

Thanks for the input,

As has been said, each picture is on-screen a bit too long.

I think that the new cloud background is much better and scales well with all your pictures. Having said that, your original clouds looked good with the close-up pictures. Also the clouds move at a reasonably stately, pace, although in the 9th slide (I think), the one before the gentleman in hiding, maybe a little too fast? Being high-level clouds means that we perceive them to move quite slowly despite bombing along at perhaps 100 to 200 mph. But, perhaps, I'm just being a bit picky? I still like the idea, though.

David P

You comments about the clouds is helpful. I am regrouping and trying to speed of clouds and music.

Revision to follow when I get my act together.

GEORGE

when you get this done you will be able to rename it

piece de resistance - the outstanding item (the prize piece or main exhibit) in a collection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi%C3%A8ce_de_r%C3%A9sistance

forget who it was but he must have had +- 12 different versions -- mostly due to spelling mistakes

so hang in there B)

ken

GEORGE

when you get this done you will be able to rename it

piece de resistance - the outstanding item (the prize piece or main exhibit) in a collection

http://en.wikipedia....r%C3%A9sistance

forget who it was but he must have had +- 12 different versions -- mostly due to spelling mistakes

so hang in there B)

ken

I might just do that if I can ever get the sky animation to be a realistic speed.

George

George

You can govern speed in two ways, one is to give a longer gap between slides. You have to do that to some degree with animation of any type. You can also adjust speed by going into the Objects and Animation screen and reducing the movement of the clouds between the blue animation start flag on the left and the end flag on the right.

Your trying to capture the charm of gently moving clouds, they actucally don't have to move that much to achieve that.