WnSoft Forums

Sound

Ronniebootwest

When playing a slide show, either direct from the preview button or from the exe file, the show works well for a while and then the music will suddenly stop playing. Sometimes the slide show will just 'freeze' on the screen.

Clearly something is wrong! My file sizes are well within the limits and I am using mp3 music. It just seems odd that sometimes the whole show will play right through but on other occasions it just stops.

I notice that the option to choose 'internal or external' player has disappeared from the menuu, is that intentional?

Ron West

Ron ,

I notice that the option to choose 'internal or external' player has disappeared from the menuu, is that intentional?

That previous function is no longer required or needed in latest PTE versions ... therefor negating the choice to perform.

As to your playing issues : What Settings are used ?

Syncronized to Music ?

Automatic or Custom Sync ?

As a First Test : If your using Sync to music settings ... simply reconfigure your show to manual play advance(disable sync to music). See now if your show performs normally or has same issues. If your show plays without issues in manual ... it may then be some timing/settings you performed in sync creating your issue.

Additional Note:

My file sizes are well within the limits

I heard this before ... but verify each and every file size ... again. Some users accidentally allow oversized ones to sneak in unknowingly. :lol:

Dear Ron,

1) Tell me about configuration of your PC and version of Windows.

2) What exact version of PTE do you use.

3) Please read advices (in a message, above).

4) What place the problem occurs (e.g. at 3 min. 10 sec.)? Is it constant place?

5) Try to temporary replace your mp3 music file with another one and let me know concerning result.

As usual, the help from you guys has been great - thanks to NOBEEFSTU and ADMIN 1

for your guidance. My sound problem seems to be solved now. It was all down to file sizes (yet again). I started off with huge tif files which were obviously to big. I coverted these to jpeg with medium compression. This produced very small files of around 50 to 100 kb. I had previously used 2 separate mp3 files for my music. I combined these into one using a sound editor. My slide shows now work fine. For new users of PTE this is the moral f the story:-

(a) Always use jpeg files with medium compression.

(B) Aim for small size files of between 50 to 100 kb

© Use only mp3 music files

(d) Combine all music files in to just 1

Thanks again for your help guys! It makes using PicturesToExe a pleasure. Great program.

Ron West