WnSoft Forums

Sound Editor--Make available in Project Options/Music tab

Greetings,

I just was schooled in how the 'Sound Editor' (View/Advanced Options/Set Sound Editor) functions works (...or does not work). It only works after you have inputted a sound file using the 'Add Sound' icon (upper right hand corner of main screen). Then, the 'Edit Sound Comment' choice works, but only for any sound 'comments' added.

So let me add my suggestion:

Make it so the music files that are put in the Project Options/Music tab have the same ability to be opened in the selected sound editor as it does for music added with the 'Add Sound' function.

And change 'Add Sound' to 'Add Sound to Current Slide' (yes, the mouseover is there but it would be better, I think, to add the full description on screen).

Also, the word 'comment' has little meaning to me, in the audio sense. Perhaps, change the 'Edit Sound Comment to 'Edit Sound Added to Current Slide'?

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

Just to set the record straight so there is no confusion to other users ... you should have mentioned that your Sound Editing proposal/function as it relates to access external sound editors. Some users may think your post relates to the recent v6.5 release with the newly added internal Audio Editing and Manipulations features.

As for names and labeling used/displayed in the PTE program ... I know Igor has been trying to keep these as brief as possible for best compatability to meet all user languages, screen sizes, and font sizes to best fit most users display settings.

Note:

* It is possible for you to personally customize most of the names and labeling used/displayed in the PTE program to suit your own specific naming preferences or needs.

* Open the lanuage ini file located in the PTE program folder ... in your particular case the English.ini. Edit/change the specific name values to meet your personal preferences. Such as:

- Opt_SndEditor=Edit Sound Added to Current Slide

- Button_AddSound=Add Sound to Current Slide

* Word of caution ... you should save a copy of the original English.ini for your own reference of text changes you made. Its also necessary for you to remember the text changes made in your display when communicating and posting issues and images. Remember your own customized name and labeling changes may not be fully understood and seen by other users. See Attachment for example.

post-45-066692700 1283596426_thumb.jpg

Gary,

Just to set the record straight so there is no confusion to other users ... you should have mentioned that your Sound Editing proposal/function as it relates to access external sound editors. Some users may think your post relates to the recent v6.5 release with the newly added internal Audio Editing and Manipulations features.

As for names and labeling used/displayed in the PTE program ... I know Igor has been trying to keep these as brief as possible for best compatability to meet all user languages, screen sizes, and font sizes to best fit most users display settings.

Note:

* It is possible for you to personally customize most of the names and labeling used/displayed in the PTE program to suit your own specific naming preferences or needs.

* Open the lanuage ini file located in the PTE program folder ... in your particular case the English.ini. Edit/change the specific name values to meet your personal preferences. Such as:

- Opt_SndEditor=Edit Sound Added to Current Slide

- Button_AddSound=Add Sound to Current Slide

* Word of caution ... you should save a copy of the original English.ini for your own reference of text changes you made. Its also necessary for you to remember the text changes made in your display when communicating and posting issues and images. Remember your own customized name and labeling changes may not be fully understood and seen by other users. See Attachment for example.

======================

nobeefstu,

Yes, you are right. I was referring to an external audio editor like Audacity.

I did not know you could edit the titles of menus. Cool. But I think Igor needs to review the names of many of the menu items. Many of them just don't tell me WHY I would want to use them and what they do. It would be a great help if mouseovers were developed for many of the items with a more detailed explanation as to what they would do.

Thanks for the tip on editing titles, but that would come in handy only after I figured out what it did. :D

Gary