WnSoft Forums

Create DVD

mairijim

NO MULTIBLE'S

but

use an authoring program and copy your original disk

ken

Hi Ken, you probably don't remember me, but you have helped me in the past, several years ago when I needed help burning a slideshow to a DVD! I have had PTE since 2003 and really enjoy making family slideshows, zipping them and emailing them to my children. I haven't done one for a while, and recently started a project: slideshow for retirement of my friend, another nurse. My first problem was that somehow I couldn't open the program (very old version). I contacted tech support, they did not have record of my purchase, I was able to verify, and Alena sent me a new key. I still haven't been able to insert key, but the new version downloaded. I now have the standard version 6.5. (it does ask to download key once in awhile, but I usually can bypass). Several years ago I created a slideshow (music in the background) and burned it on a dvd, this is what I am trying to do now, but can't. I have read pages in guide, many forums, but without a clue! I'm hoping you can help! I am not savvy, but like one of the threads stated: no dummy would have chosen PTE!! So, this is what I've tried: !. Slideshow with music,preview was good 2. Click create 3. Choose DVD- Video DISc (is this what I should choose? 4.Window pops up asking to load key to upgrade to PTE Deluxe, I bypass this (do I need this to burn a DVD, I didn't have this when I previously made a DVD)I close this pop up 5. WnSoft Video Builder 6.5 opens with top rt. corner: file Edit Help 6. I click Next, title info pops up 7. Click next: project name, check mark Burn dvd disc, listed is my dvd drive 8. I click start and then comes the popup "CD burning not supported" What inportant, easy (I hope) step am I missing?? I sincerely would appreciate any help you can offer. I have sent a few questions back to support regarding the key, but have not gotten any answers. ( It's been about 10 days - I sent out another one tonight) I don't know if the key is a problem, because I was able to email a small show from a recent family gathering to my PC and MAC friends ( love the ability for Mac users to now be able to open my shows!)Again, I would sincerely appreciate any help you can give me or direction to follow! Thanks, Leona

Leona

installing the latest version is likely the cause - the key for video builder is only good for 2 years - when you install the latest version it has to be re registered and i think that is the problem as Igor changed the registration process and key and people are having problems registering

if you still have an old version - one that did burn dvd's - try using it -- you will likely have to remake the show with the old version -- save the pte with a different name -- 6.5 is backward compatible -- the old version is not forward compatible

you might try Stu's utility before you try anything further to see and save your keys

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10273&st=0&p=66807&fromsearch=1entry66807

Sorry that is all i can suggest -- Igor is on a speaking tour in the UK at the present time

ken

Leona,

I click start and then comes the popup "CD burning not supported" What inportant, easy (I hope) step am I missing??

The message "CD burning not supported" will be displayed if you have a CD Disc inserted into your DVD Burner ... verify you have a DVD Disc inserted.

Window pops up asking to load key to upgrade to PTE Deluxe, I bypass this (do I need this to burn a DVD, I didn't have this when I previously made a DVD)I close this pop up 5.

If you dont have a VideoBuilder Key loaded ... PTE/VideoBuilder should still operate and produce a DVD, but only with a included Demo message.

* Its still possible to burn a DVD using your own Third Party burning software which I assume you did in the past versions by some of your comments. From the top Menu bar select Create | AVI File . See Attachment

post-45-036205600 1284465622_thumb.jpg

Leona

installing the latest version is likely the cause - the key for video builder is only good for 2 years - when you install the latest version it has to be re registered and i think that is the problem as Igor changed the registration process and key and people are having problems registering

if you still have an old version - one that did burn dvd's - try using it -- you will likely have to remake the show with the old version -- save the pte with a different name -- 6.5 is backward compatible -- the old version is not forward compatible

you might try Stu's utility before you try anything further to see and save your keys

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10273&st=0&p=66807&fromsearch=1entry66807

Sorry that is all i can suggest -- Igor is on a speaking tour in the UK at the present time

ken

Ken, and everyone else who offered their help --- Thank you! Alena,(from tech suppport) sent me another key and all worked great! I just completed a sample show. Played it in dvd player and also on my mac - looked and sounded good! Now, a little off the subject, I need to find some great music for this retiring nurse, something with an upbeat temple --- any suggestions??? Also, this is only the second time I'm adding music to a show, so is there an easy way to have one song for a selection of slides and another for the remaining slides?? Thanks Again!!

Hi Ken and all other helpers! First, Thank you again for all your input. I've chosen my music: two songs. I tick project options and I added them under music (track 1) I also have ticked repeat music after playing. I have the track 1 and both songs highlighted and tick ok. I go to preview and it plays the first song for the 3:29 which is to slide number 37, and the second song does not play ( I have 96 slides total). I've read the guide regarding adding music, and have also read multiple threads in the forums. Can you please help me, I need to finish this in a few days!! LindaEmail me

Hi, I'm still hoping someone can help me out regarding my last post! I've made several attempts, and finally was able to customize and tick play new background music on slide #38 (no music plays), then on slide 39 under customize it's ticked on play new background music and my second song is highlighted (song #1 is not even listed), slide #40 nothing is ticked under customize and song 2 continues to play. This is very confusing. I would think that under project options after choosing my 2 songs, it would play one and then continue on to the second. I can leave it how it is, but the music from the first song ends abruptly (I have fade out for 5 seconds), and the next starts after skipping a slide!! I'm sure I'm missing something and again would sincerely appreciate any help! Linda Leona

Leona,

The simplest way to get two pieces of music to play one after the other is to put them both in Project Options|Music. I personally find confusing all the interactions of the various settings available when you add Customize Slide|Music into the mix as well.

regards,

Peter

I agree, but as I stated on previous posts, it did not work! Only my first song played to the end of slide 37 and the second song never started (both songs were highlighted and listed under track 1). Maybe just a fluke, I'll try again in another show, but I need to complete this one first! I really do appreciate your reply, I'm grateful for the forums!

Leona,

It has been known for a piece of music that has been ripped from CD to play OK in a media player but not when given to PTE. It might be worth while opening the second piece of music in an audio editor (such as Audacity) and then creating a fresh WAV or MP3 file from it and trying that copy instead.

regards,

Peter

Leona

wav files have been known to cause problems

use KIS priciple - mp3 run thru Peter's suggestion

"It might be worth while opening the second piece of music in an audio editor (such as Audacity"

and saved as a mp3 - give it a new name

example ~2.mp3

to keep it separate from the original mp3

ken

Leona,

Only my first song played to the end of slide 37 and the second song never started (both songs were highlighted and listed under track 1).

To further add to Peter's and Ken's posts above which nornally sovles the music playback issue in most cases ...

You may also want to check the Time Duration as indicated/displayed of the second song and also test its playback from the Audio Clip Properties window.

If the Time Duration is clearly 0.00 or not what you expect it to be ... its most likely PTE cannot read the correct Time Duration value embedded in the music file because of its current encoding process.