WnSoft Forums

Slovenia to Zagreb - New Show on Beechbrook

goddi

Greetings,

This is a show of our drive through Slovenia to Zagreb, Croatia.

The show is 16x9; 100Mb; NAV bar is active; 18:32 in length. It's a long show but it is a long route. I didn't want to break it into 2 parts but I hope you enjoy the trip. These two countries are beautiful and worth the visit. The show is fast moving so I hope it keeps your interest.

Comments, critiques are welcomed.

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1887

Gary

Greetings,

This is a show of our drive through Slovenia to Zagreb, Croatia.

The show is 16x9; 100Mb; NAV bar is active; 18:32 in length. It's a long show but it is a long route. I didn't want to break it into 2 parts but I hope you enjoy the trip. These two countries are beautiful and worth the visit. The show is fast moving so I hope it keeps your interest.

Comments, critiques are welcomed.

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1887

Gary

Gary -

I enjoyed your last show - great travel log. Images are quite sharp and music was appropriate. The images shot while you were on the mountain tram seemed a little rushed in the show, otherwise good job.

Greg Gordon

<greggordonphotography.com>

Gary -

I enjoyed your last show - great travel log. Images are quite sharp and music was appropriate. The images shot while you were on the mountain tram seemed a little rushed in the show, otherwise good job.

Greg Gordon

<greggordonphotography.com>

===================

Greetings Greg,

Thanks for the comments. I didn't really know how to handle the ride up the mountain on the gondola. I sort of wanted to give the impression of the quick ride up. And then I didn't want people to get bored with a longer drawn out assent. I cut out many of the interim shots. The show was long enough! It was a great trip to Croatia and Slovenia and I just want to share it with everyone so they might want to see that area of the world too.

Gary

Gary,

You have some lovely pictures of what appears to be a beautiful area! While I probably will never do the trip it, your show definitely made me want to visit. Aside from the scenery, I liked the interesting sequences of market fruits and vegetables and "shoe" closeups. The music seemed quite appropriate as well. On the negative side, the show was a bit too long for me and I confess to using the right arrow to move through it a bit more quickly. For me, I guess the issue (and one I struggle with as well) is putting together a show that is appropriate for more public audiences and one that is of more interest to family and friends. While I know the show is meant to be a memory of your trip, I would have enjoyed seeing less photos of your partner and some of the hotels/buildings where you spent the night. I would have cut the time on the opening map sequence as well and perhaps edited out a few more photos as well. But I also realize that there isn't always the time or inclination to prepare two separate shows. In any case, thank you for sharing these travelogs. I have enjoyed them.

Gary,

You have some lovely pictures of what appears to be a beautiful area! While I probably will never do the trip it, your show definitely made me want to visit. Aside from the scenery, I liked the interesting sequences of market fruits and vegetables and "shoe" closeups. The music seemed quite appropriate as well. On the negative side, the show was a bit too long for me and I confess to using the right arrow to move through it a bit more quickly. For me, I guess the issue (and one I struggle with as well) is putting together a show that is appropriate for more public audiences and one that is of more interest to family and friends. While I know the show is meant to be a memory of your trip, I would have enjoyed seeing less photos of your partner and some of the hotels/buildings where you spent the night. I would have cut the time on the opening map sequence as well and perhaps edited out a few more photos as well. But I also realize that there isn't always the time or inclination to prepare two separate shows. In any case, thank you for sharing these travelogs. I have enjoyed them.

====================

Mary,

Yes, I can not disagree on the length being loooooong and the size of the file. I was almost embarrassed to post it. But I always put in the NAV bar for those impatient like me. But whittling the 1500+ of my images down to under 300 was quite a feat for me. :rolleyes: And I didn't include any of my wife's almost 1300 images! The opening map sequence was a real bear for me. I had to use 7 red rectangles to create the route. I did tried to make it move faster. I got it to work but I could not get the speed adjusted to move faster for some of the sections. It got so complicated that I was happy to just get the darn thing to work. :D

Glad you did enjoyed the show anyway. Besides going on the trip itself, I like making the PTE shows almost as much.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Well I wont comment about the length of the show, I’ve been there before, but if you are going to make one that length even to show friends and relatives, I think you need to retain the interest by using some of the great facilities of PTE. Apart from the map this show could have been made with any free slideshow program.

The transitions and dwell time seemed all the same, why not break it up and have a page turn when you arrive at a new town. Why not use some gentle zooms eg duck and duckings – gently zoom towards the ducklings and fade into your close up of the ducklings. Zoom out from, say, an individual in a Square to show the whole Square. A few slow pans perhaps with a zoom-out fading into a similar shot maybe from a different angle. Use different fades, I like ‘circle from centre’ and ‘page effect’ but push up the thickness of smoothing line to around 90%. The dwell time for these photos will need to increase, so yes, some editing will be needed to make some room or else the show will get even longer.

Finally, you have some great photos there. Why not pick these out and do a show with just, say, 30 of the really best ones, not to show us where you have been but to show us what a good photographer you are.

Hi Gary,

Well I wont comment about the length of the show, I’ve been there before, but if you are going to make one that length even to show friends and relatives, I think you need to retain the interest by using some of the great facilities of PTE. Apart from the map this show could have been made with any free slideshow program.

The transitions and dwell time seemed all the same, why not break it up and have a page turn when you arrive at a new town. Why not use some gentle zooms eg duck and duckings – gently zoom towards the ducklings and fade into your close up of the ducklings. Zoom out from, say, an individual in a Square to show the whole Square. A few slow pans perhaps with a zoom-out fading into a similar shot maybe from a different angle. Use different fades, I like ‘circle from centre’ and ‘page effect’ but push up the thickness of smoothing line to around 90%. The dwell time for these photos will need to increase, so yes, some editing will be needed to make some room or else the show will get even longer.

Finally, you have some great photos there. Why not pick these out and do a show with just, say, 30 of the really best ones, not to show us where you have been but to show us what a good photographer you are.

=========================

Greetings Mickp,

I don't use a lot of different transitions, etc. because I have seen some shows that tend to overuse them, and, I guess, I shy away from making it too glitzy. But you have a point in making it more interesting. I usually prefer to just use the simple 'fade', maybe a zoom or pan, here or there. The show (number of images) was so long, I was afraid of extending it with the more, longer transitions. The point of the show was not to demonstrate my 'good photography' (thanks for the compliment) :D , but to lead the viewer through the (long) trip, more of a travelog. But I appreciate your points and I will strive to do better and be more creative. It really is a learning process of not only in the presentation but in learning what PTE can do. One of the big debates that goes through my head is, "I've got the right piece(s) of music and I have to put the right set of images in its length", and "I've got the right set of images and I need to find the right piece(s) of music to fit the images into". Drives me a bit nutty. It's like trying to hit a moving target.... :rolleyes:

Thanks... Gary