WnSoft Forums

Loading Files

giljones

To answer the many people who responded to my message , let me elaborate a little more. I am trying to use ver 6.5. I assembled the pictures in the normal way, did a create file as is usual in PTE and lo and behold I have a problem. A project file is created and the line at the bottom of the page reads EXE 5.1MB 234kb 1000x1750 C=Documents and Settings/owner/My documents/my pictures/1000427 R jpg. If all that helps. I managed to find the file when I pressed the my documents line and there it appears as separate entry as Bethel Nursery project file 1. No matter what I do it will not open via a memory stick on my laptop when other earlier versions of PTE do. What do I do now? Gilbert

Gilbert,

It seems that we might have a little terminology problem.

There is no such thing as CREATE FILE - only CREATE EXECUTABLE FILE FOR PC.

Is this what you mean?

Instead of CREATE (at the bottom left of the screen), go to "CREATE AS" in the CREATE menu at the top left of the screen.

This will bring up the "CREATE AS" dialogue where you can specify exactly where you want the EXE File to be saved. You can then go to that location and find it easily.

If you are using v6.5 you should see the new icon for executables which I will try to attach here.

It is good practice to save all images (jpg, Png,Gif etc) in the one project folder along with any music files etc. You can then "CREATE (EXE) AS" in that same folder. It will then transfer to a memory key (if that is what you want) or play from the Project Folder.

DG

post-2488-000422100 1287926909_thumb.jpg

Gilbert

make you show from within a properly named folder containing all components

do a "save as" ~.pte with a new name to said folder

then

do a create as ~.exe - to said folder -- it will have the same name as the pte - only will show in the folder as ~.exe

then try to open the ~.exe

what happens now?

if it works copy and paste the said folder with all contents to the stick and copy and paste it to your laptop

ken

Gilbert,

I send me your email address and I will send you a copy of my pdf tutorial on creating your first slide show. It might help you to create a proper 'file structure' that will keep all of your images and sound files in a proper folder. It also suggest where you should keep your PTE project and exe files.

I hope that it will assist you.

Regards,

Ronnie West