WnSoft Forums

Lost PTE

Paulc

Guest Yachtsman1

Depends where your original key is stored. If it was an internal email on your hard drive, you need to email customer support & ask for a copy of the key. If it is an external email stored on an outside server, just copy the email onto your current hard drive & download a new copy of PTE from WNsoft or from the forum.

Yachtsman1.

Paulc,

As there are no details in your personal-profile, I dont know where you reside

which makes it difficult for me to recommend a nearby Computer-Shop to help you.

If you remove the defective Hard-Drive from your PC and bring it to any good

Computer-Shop they have a small Module which connects to your HD and within

a few seconds this will display your HD-Data on a PC-Monitor.

They can download your Personal-Files including the PTE-Program and the your

Pte-Key by simply making a general-search for "Keys" and pick the Pte.Key.

Bring a USB Memory-Pen/Stik with you and they will upload the data to that.

Hope this helps.

Brian (Conflow)

If you remove the defective Hard-Drive from your PC and bring it to any good

Computer-Shop they have a small Module which connects to your HD and within

a few seconds this will display your HD-Data on a PC-Monitor.

That depends how badly the drive failed. Sometimes its not possible to get anything off a drive, and its also not that hard to run a recovery tool either, which is all most shops would do.

They can download your Personal-Files including the PTE-Program and the your

Pte-Key by simply making a general-search for "Keys" and pick the Pte.Key.

Bring a USB Memory-Pen/Stik with you and they will upload the data to that.

All of that data should be on a backup drive and can be restored for no cost (other than a new drive).

That depends how badly the drive failed. Sometimes its not possible to get anything off a drive, and its also not that hard to run a recovery tool either, which is all most shops would do.

All of that data should be on a backup drive and can be restored for no cost (other than a new drive).

Thanks for the replies - I have brought the HD with me today so will let my work IT bod have a look and see if anything can be recovered. Not keen to take it back to where I had computer fixed as they did not inspire confidence at all and took almost 3 weeks to fix + would have charged £95 to even look at data recovery which is far more than getting a new download of PTE

Crossfade,

Will you please "STOP" extracting my Text from my Posts and adding your comments to that, in answer to the Topic-Starter Member.

If you have something to say to the 'Topic-Starter' ~please do so directly in your own words ~ in your own Text-Message.

Thank You.

Brian (Conflow)

Will you please "STOP" extracting my Text from my Posts and adding your comments to that, in answer to the Topic-Starter Member.

I didn't extract anything. I was replying to you because what you said was no guarantee of recovering anything and possibly a waste of time depending on how badly the drive failed. In some cases, even specialized drive recovery companies can't recover data. You don't just plug it into something and magically get the data back.

I also mentioned backups, because if the person isn't making regular backups, then let this be a lesson to do so in the future. Its very easy to recover data if you have a full backup sitting on a shelf next to you. Drives WILL fail. It's not a question of if, but when.

If you have something to say to the 'Topic-Starter' ~please do so directly in your own words ~ in your own Text-Message.

Exactly what I did.

Paul

This is one of the best clean jokes in a while!

Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on the computer. They had been going at it for

days, and frankly God was tired of hearing all the bickering.

Finally fed up, God said, 'THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run for two hours, and

from those results, I will judge who does the better job.'

So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away.

They moused.

They faxed.

They e-mailed.

They e-mailed with attachments.

They downloaded.

They did spreadsheets!

They wrote reports...

They created labels and cards.

They created charts and graphs.

They did some genealogy reports.

They did every job known to man.

Jesus worked with heavenly efficiency and Satan was faster than hell.

Then, ten minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and,

of course, the power went off.

Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld.

Jesus just sighed.

Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their computers. Satan started searching frantically,

screaming:

'It's gone! It's all GONE! 'I lost everything when the power went out!'

Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours of work.

Satan observed this and became irate.

'Wait!' he screamed. 'That's not fair! He cheated! How come he has all his work and I don't have any?'

God just shrugged and said,

JESUS SAVES

ken B)