WnSoft Forums

cannot find video builder

Mike Reed

Hi all

I have version 6.5 de-lux and paid for video builder however when I tried to create a dvd I got the not supported notice. On going to wnsoft website I cannot find any mention of a download for Video builder. Does anybody have a clue as to why I cannot find it?

Mike Reed

Mike,

The VideoBuilder has always been included as part of the same install package of PicturesToExe. All PicturesToExe Deluxe versions have all the necessary files ... there is no separate download or installer for VideoBuilder. When you install PicturesToExe, the VideoBuilder is also automatically installed. All you need is your registration keys for a fully functional product.

If your not getting a Load A Key prompt message when using VideoBuilder ... then your registration key is working.

If your getting a message to the effect of something like not supported notice ... then either your DVD burner is not being recognized or the DVD disc is of a different format for burning dvd movie files.

What exactly is the message and at what process stage does it warn you ?

*Better yet ... make a screen shot of the message received and post it.

mike -

A lot of PTE users have been going thru this situation. The standard version can be updated free for existing registered users however the deluxe version which contains "Video Builder" is a different matter.WnSoft has been sending out conflicting info. The standard version will always be free but the Video Builder "key" in the deluxe version has a life span of 2 two years. After that, you have to purchase a new 2 year key number.

Here is the Link and it will cost $34

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/order.htm

One thing you could try first; I have to go into "program files" scroll down to "wnsoft PicturesToExe", click and scroll down the various versions of PTE and click on the "6.5 folder" then "videobuilder". On the right hand side of the explorer page find the "videobuilder icon" and click. Even with a new registered key number, this is the only way I can use videobuilder. Earlier I tried dragging the icon to my desktop but when I opened the program from there it didn't work.

So, remember, if you have been using a version of PTE deluxe starting with version 5.0 for more than 2 years your videobuilder key will no longer work. Wnsoft has to make money somehow.

Greg

Greg,

Even with a new registered key number, this is the only way I can use videobuilder. Earlier I tried dragging the icon to my desktop but when I opened the program from there it didn't work.

You should be able to access all the VideoBuilder features directly from the PTE main program window menu functions.

Use the Create button from the top menu bar or the Create button on the very bottom left of the program window.

Please note you will not always see a VideoBuilder title bar on each of the various VideoBuilder functions/features ... as they are accessed directly from the menu system. You will see a VideoBuilder title bar when accessing the create DVD-Video Disc portion of VideoBuilder.

(See img1_features attachment)

You should also be able to directly open the create DVD-Video Disc portion of VideoBuilder from a program shortcut or from your Start - Programs menu.

(See img2_start menu attachment)

* Are you saying you cannot access any of the VideoBuilder functions from the main PTE GUI window menu functions or the program shortcut ?

Please Note:

All VideoBuilder functions and features are available and useable with or without a registration key. However, without the registration key ... its just going to give you limitations or demo notices in the resulting process/product. This allows all users to test the VideoBuilder functions and features before deciding the upgrade purchase.

post-45-083801700 1290293296_thumb.jpg

post-45-042457500 1290293306_thumb.jpg

Greg,

You should be able to access all the VideoBuilder features directly from the PTE main program window menu functions.

Use the Create button from the top menu bar or the Create button on the very bottom left of the program window.

Please note you will not always see a VideoBuilder title bar on each of the various VideoBuilder functions/features ... as they are accessed directly from the menu system. You will see a VideoBuilder title bar when accessing the create DVD-Video Disc portion of VideoBuilder.

(See img1_features attachment)...

=====================

nobeefstu,

Thanks for the graphical display showing what exactly is included when you pay for the VideoBuilder addition. This has been a bit of confusion for me since I purchased it. When I try to explain to someone I am recommending to them to try PTE, I can not remember what is and what is not added on when they purchase the 2-year VideoBuilder addition.

I think an improvement in the Menu display is to consolidate all of the VideoBuilder functions under a title of "VideoBuilder" and the standard functions shown separately. Why not? Now they are interspersed with the standard functions, which, to me, is confusing.

Wouldn't this help in reducing the confusion as to which are and which are not components of the VideoBuilder function, especially since "you will not always see a VideoBuilder title bar on each of the various VideoBuilder functions"?

Gary

* Are you saying you cannot access any of the VideoBuilder functions from the main PTE GUI window menu functions or the program shortcut ?

When I was going thru my problems getting videobuilder to work with PTE 6.5, there were some issues with the access of videobuilder and the recognition of the new key - all is well now.

Greg

Gary,

I think an improvement in the Menu display is to consolidate all of the VideoBuilder functions under a title of "VideoBuilder" and the standard functions shown separately. Why not? Now they are interspersed with the standard functions, which, to me, is confusing.

I believe there is some confusion among users as to what features are exactly included in the standard edition and whats included with the deluxe edition - upgrade. There is some brief description mentioned on the WnSoft purchase page ... however, it too does not clearly detail and display the features available for standard edition vs deluxe edition.

As for the Menu display in PTE ... I believe Igor grouped the features according to their format type/output. The groups as I see it are listed according to executable types, video types, and online publishing types ... this layout seems the most logical to me for normal/overall use for registered users with the full deluxe edition-upgrade. Users with only a standard edition key are somewhat at a disadvantage as to what does what ... but they will soon learn from the message pop-ups requiring a deluxe registration key for a specific feature/function.

Bottom line ... in my opinion the current menu layout is best suited for the user who has purchased the full registration package.

Greg,

When I was going thru my problems getting videobuilder to work with PTE 6.5, there were some issues with the access of videobuilder and the recognition of the new key - all is well now.

Glad you got it sorted. The issue you had seems to have been related to the VideoBuilder registration key process.

As I mentioned in a earlier post ... All VideoBuilder functions and features are available and useable with or without a registration key. A user without a registration key should still be able to test the all the functions in a limited or demo display.

I believe Mike Reed's initial post is related to some other issue than his registration key ... if he has reported the not supported as I come to understand it.

Gary,

I believe there is some confusion among users as to what features are exactly included in the standard edition and whats included with the deluxe edition - upgrade. There is some brief description mentioned on the WnSoft purchase page ... however, it too does not clearly detail and display the features available for standard edition vs deluxe edition.

As for the Menu display in PTE ... I believe Igor grouped the features according to their format type/output. The groups as I see it are listed according to executable types, video types, and online publishing types ... this layout seems the most logical to me for normal/overall use for registered users with the full deluxe edition-upgrade. Users with only a standard edition key are somewhat at a disadvantage as to what does what ... but they will soon learn from the message pop-ups requiring a deluxe registration key for a specific feature/function.

Bottom line ... in my opinion the current menu layout is best suited for the user who has purchased the full registration package.

============================

Ok...I can't argue with that. However, I still feel there needs to be some indication as to what is what. How about putting an "*" at the end of each Deluxe feature with a small footnote saying "Deluxe Feature"? Since we agree that there is confusion, I think some indication as to which features are in the standard vs deluxe would help.

Gary

============================

Ok...I can't argue with that. However, I still feel there needs to be some indication as to what is what. How about putting an "*" at the end of each Deluxe feature with a small footnote saying "Deluxe Feature"? Since we agree that there is confusion, I think some indication as to which features are in the standard vs deluxe would help.

Gary

I think you are absolutely correct. As it is now ... its possible all new standard edition users instantly think they have all the Menu features and functions as displayed in the Menu and dont require a upgrade license. When they finally find out they need a upgrade license to enable the other features ... some are also inclined they also need another install program version to download.

Some type of visual or highlite notation on the fully operational Menu features/outputs could save some/alot of users from the confusion they may already be in. This would be in keeping of Igor's "one program for all".

* I personally think if the standard edition users visually see what Menu features are fully enabled and what is not every time they open the Menu output... it will instantly show them what features they are missing overall and lure them to upgrade sooner.

Gary,

I think some indication as to which features are in the standard vs deluxe would help.

Heres a visual mock-up example(s) of what I had in mind. The unregistered features are shown as inactive with no color ... however all the features are still user available for testing or demo purposes.

post-45-081709500 1290470377_thumb.jpg

post-45-014742800 1290470396_thumb.jpg

Gary,

Heres a visual mock-up example(s) of what I had in mind. The unregistered features are shown as inactive with no color ... however all the features are still user available for testing or demo purposes.

=======================

nobeefstu...

Super...clear and concise. I hope Igor can introduce it in his next upgrade!

Thanks...Gary

Many thanks to all for your replies. It seems that it was finger trouble on my part for the next time I tried it it worked ok.

MIke Reed