WnSoft Forums

Trouble with soundtrack

woolleyjonathan

I am using 6.0 on pc and have successfully created many shows importing MP3 soundtrack via audacity.

On this occasion the sound plays perfectly on small preview screen and on full preview. The track plays independently on Windows Media player BUT IT WILL NOT PLAY AFTER I HAVE CREATED AN EXE.file.

I have tried substituting a different track similarly created which has successfully been incorporated in a CREATED show.This did not work on this project either.

I have followed previous topics but there was no ref there to only a problem with CREATE. I have checked all slides to ensure no music added there and "synchronise music and slides" is checked on the Project File.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks for your quick response and I will do as you ask if you still wish it after reading the following. I have added another soundtrack from a prev successful creation and the result is the same. This leads me to suspect the problem is in PTE rather than the actual MP3 file. If you still want the MP3 could you suggest a sharing site? not done this before!

You could try updating to v6.5 of PTE; just in case you have hit a bug in v6.0. The two versions will co-exist. In fact, it is usually better not to delete the old version, especially if you have the DeLuxe licence, since the Deluxe version of v6.0 will continue to function even after the expiration of its two-year licence. Remember, however, that any sequence saved in v6.5 cannot then be opened at all in v6.0. You will have to apply your own "version control" over your PTE sequence files (e.g. by adding the PTE version number into the file or folder name, perhaps)

I, and others, use www.mediafire.com for file sharing over the internet. I've also been on the receiving end of files shared via both www.dropbox.com and www.yousendit.com - but have no experience of loading files up to these two sites. All three sites offer a free service, as well as a chargeable service.

regards,

Peter

I think that what you ought to do is start a COMPLETELY new show by transferring (COPYING) the MP3 and one or two images to a new project folder.

In a NEW PROJECT!!!:

Add the images to the slides.

Add the music via PROJECT OPTIONS / MUSIC.

Tick SYNCH MUSIC and try the PREVIEW.

If it works OK then you are home and dry - it's not the music.

I think that you have (inadvertently) added music to your project in more than one place and by more than one method.

DG

I think that what you ought to do is start a COMPLETELY new show by transferring (COPYING) the MP3 and one or two images to a new project folder.

In a NEW PROJECT!!!:

Add the images to the slides.

Add the music via PROJECT OPTIONS / MUSIC.

Tick SYNCH MUSIC and try the PREVIEW.

If it works OK then you are home and dry - it's not the music.

I think that you have (inadvertently) added music to your project in more than one place and by more than one method.

DG

• 2 weeks later...

I have resolved this problem but I really dont know how. I had gone thro every image checking no inadvertent music entries.

I had copied the show, minus soundtrack to CD and then tried to download this on to my daughter's computer. This was rejected with an error message on several occasions but finally one image towards the end of the show came up on the screen with a message suggesting the file was corrupted. I returned to the project and noting that the image was particularly large decided to resize it and try again. Having done this the soundtrack was added and to my pleasure and suprise all was now well. Whether the resizing or the fact that this was now a new (uncorrupted image)or whether this is all a concidence I cannot know but at least i dont have to start all over!

Thank you for helpful suggestions received.